Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

The OOC Forum for the Ruins of the North campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Alright we have been looking at the dates. It appears maybe I skipped 2 years out of the blue during a chapter start at one point. If anyone has the energy to check date and travel times, please do.

However I think, wbw pointed out correctly it should be 2955 not 2957 Not sure if it really makes any real different in the long run, but if anyone had an issue with the year we can make some corrections either way.

Thoughts?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:58 pm

No, it's not a big deal. BB had just asked how long in game time we had been adventuring and I noticed the discrepancy. It appears just over a year in game time and 3 years in real time.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:08 pm

I'll go through it to see if there is a jump, but I don't have any problem if our campaign starts 2957 instead of 55 (55 is what I had in my head, too).

You wrote in one of the opening posts that we'd start between 51 - 57 I think.

Thanks for checking that out, Wb.

And speaking of a year in game time... Elrond's going to wonder what HAPPENED to everyone. All the events in the Hobbit took only 1 year, hah.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Yeah but Gandalf was with them for a good bit of it, if you had a Wizard guiding you'd be moving along pretty good!

I'll check the RotN book and sort out the time based on what they suggest for opening times.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Sounds good to me!

Yeah, and technically we spent a LOT of time in one place (Tharbad), and traveled perhaps as far as they did in the Hobbit.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm

"All adventures are notionally set in the years after 2954, and take place in eastern Eriador, but none are strongly tied to a date so you can move them earlier or later, depending on the needs of your campaign."

So let's just say its 2957, and the starting dates of the preludes and such were a bit off. Its easier I think to do it that way.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Wait no, that ruins all my plans for my character and everything.

Just kidding. That works for me.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Oh well, stab stab stab, he's dead. Problem solved.

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

Post by Seosaidh » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 pm

I spent my XP and AP. I'm pretty sure that I didn't overspend. We got 12 XP and 24 AP, correct?

My advancement was to increase both Wisdom and Vaour, gaining "Champion of the Hillman" and "Keen". I then increased Insight, Lore, and Riddle all from 2 to 3 (I was able to afford this due to the reduction from Champion of the Hillman).
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

Post by Wbweather » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:57 am

I am spending 10 XP to raise my Bow skill to 4 and then 6 XP to add the quality Keen to my bow. I am spending 12 AP to raise Travel to 3 and 9 AP to raise Healing to 3.