Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

The OOC Forum for the Ruins of the North campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Hunting... Halleth goes hunting to catch some game and dry the meat for rations. Just one idea.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:09 am

So, I've figured out how to explain boosting Sword (engaging in practice sparring with the others) and Awe (watch how Aravule interacts with people), but I can't figure out how to explain boosting Search. Playing scavenger hunt games with Hartley? :D Anyone have any suggestions?
Hartley lost the key to the jail one night after over indulging at the Empty Mug, Halleth and him have to look all over the place to find it. :D

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:00 am

I prefer our first venture into dunland to be with the adventure phase is a mahor part of the game bot to glossed ovee.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Blubbo_Baggins wrote:Hunting... Halleth goes hunting to catch some game and dry the meat for rations. Just one idea.
Hmm--that might work, especially if I look for berries, herbs, etc. we can eat as well.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Given that Tharbad is a river-town, there must be marshes nearby. Can we do the Collect Marsh Herbs undertaking from pp. 12-13 of Laketown? That undertaking could double as the means by which I boost my Search.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:11 pm

The Swanfleet is a MASSIVE Marsh just north of town filled with all sorts of dangers and such. Yes I will allow Collect Marsh Herbs from the Laketown book.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:23 pm

So we are finishing up the Adventure Phase(s) for Book 2: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2

Normally a fully active character earns 12 AP and 6 XP. We have gone a long time on this one, both IC and OOC.

I think we are looking at 24 AP and 12 XP this time around.

You can start to think what you would like to do. We will begin the Fellowship Phase in Isengard, assuming things go as planned. So you can take Fellowship Actions that fit the location, you'd be able to return to Tharbad or Tunum or Frecasburg or Grimslade, if it makes sense. I may, depending on things, give you a free Sanctuary of Isengard, I have to do a bit of looking at things.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Quick question V, will our interactions with Saruman be done IC in the current IC thread, and you just put this one up so we could start thinking through what we'll do in Isengard and how we'll spend XP/AP?

I'm fine with however you want to do it, I just know we have some business to take care of when it comes to returning to talk / work with him.

One more question: I'd like to spend this Fellowship Phase studying under Saruman, in order to upgrade my Lamp (spend Undertaking and 1 XP). Doing so would give the next ability "Lamp of the Far Traveller." (I outline what this is in my character sheet special notes.) Per RAW only Ormal the Lampmaker in Thranduil's Halls can train Telurin... but it seems quite thematically appropriate to me to have Saruman be the one, since he is the most gifted craftsman of the Istari, and the personal Maiar of Aule.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:56 pm

We will RP with Saruman at the end of the Adventure Phase to wrap things up.

Then we will RP with Saruman in the Fellowship Phase. I wanted to give you the count so you could start generating ideas. I have NOT yet updated the sheets with the numbers.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Probably okay to Lamp Up with Saruman depending on how the RP goes, he's NOT open to many visitors and giving out secrets these days, its a task to even get to stay in Isengard, so let's see how things go.