Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

The OOC Forum for the Ruins of the North campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:42 pm

OK, sounds good.

I just read on page 128 of the Adventurer's Companion that a company MUST take Saruman as a Patron at the next Fellowship Phase if they met him at a previous Adventure phase. Now of course, we can ignore that if it doesn't fit in this game, it seems more like a fitting suggestion of Saruman's personality than an unbreakable rule.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Also, I have spent my XP/AP tentatively, though I may change it once we finish the Adventure phase. For now it's 10 XP to raise (spears) from 3 to 4, saving the other XP (leaving 4 for him).

Then spending 15 to raise Courtesy from 1 to 3, and 9 to raise Craft from 2 to 3. Both of these things are what I imagine Telurin might learn/improve on if he does a Fellowship phase with Saruman.

If things turn out differently in the FP, I might spend it slightly differently.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:23 pm

As for Fellowship Phase action, I think it makes most sense for Telurin to:
Make Saruman Patron (if allowed), and Meet Patron (page 116 Horse Lords).

Also, I just read this awesome section in the Adventurer's Companion (starting 129), Famous Companies of the Wild. I think I know what I want Telurin to do once we get back to Rivendell - join the Gwarieg en-Angol - it fits his character extremely well (see page 130-131). It might actually be something our whole company could eventually join, if it fit/made sense. At least, something to look at...

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 am

Halleth would probably refuse to join, both because he won't be ordered around by some elf from Rivendell (even one who has the guts to leave Rivendell) and he sees it as his duty to place any artifacts he finds, especially Numenorean or Dundedain ones, under the control of the Rangers.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 am

There is another Company of the Wild that wouldn't fit Telurin as well, but it is described a few pages later; it's something like "Company of the North" and it probably would fit Halleth well, as it's all about opposing the Shadow in the North (in Eriador and Anduin).

All this being said, I feel like Glorfindel might be glad to see artifacts of the Numenoreans held under the care of the Rangers. In fact, Elrond probably already has an arrangement with the Rangers to provide them a safe place to keep such treasures, a place in Rivendell where they can come and go. Rivendell would also have the libraries with information on lost Numenorean treasures of Eriador, and that might help be an index of what the Rangers find and bring there.

I'm certain there is enough trust between Rangers and Elrond that they could keep things with him knowing he would never keep the things from the Rangers. Come to think of it, there is already huge canon precedence for this: Narsil.

So if the agreement is that Numenorean treasures are not kept by the Elves but by the Rangers, how would Halleth feel about that?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:48 pm

He would be more open-minded, but, at the end of the day, Aravule is his liege, not Glorfindel.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 pm

That makes sense (and no worries of course if Halleth has his own mind!).

I wonder what will happen when we leave Isengard, if Aravule will return with us or remain?

HunterGreen
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Hunter

Post by HunterGreen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Dŵrgi has only been here for a small part of this adventure phase, and spent most of that in a dream. She only ever even rolled on one skill (and did that through a trait besides). What does that mean for her XP/AP compared to the 24/12 listed for the others?
Join our Discord chat for TOR and AiME: https://discord.me/theonering

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Right!

She doesn't get it all of course.

Let's give her 1/4th of it.

6/3 she won't fall too far behind, but its obvious she joined later on.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Alright so we have to keep our eyes on the prize here.

Clearly we are having some folks that are done with the game or are posting very very slowly.

Seosaidh is 10 days without a post
Boronid is just gone
HunterGreen is a bit slow, but with us still I think
Muskrat, BB, WBWeather are fine

So when the chapter ends and we move to the Fellowship Phase, I will be dropping anyone not posting up to speed so that the game is moving at the pace the majority of the players are playing at. It isn't fair to make everyone wait because of just 1 or 2 people.

SO, its not too late, stay active and posting!

Thanks
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring