Fellowship Phase (Tharbad) Ideas

The OOC Forum for the Ruins of the North campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 pm

I have no idea how this game will end up actually using the RotN adventures at all now :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Well, at least some of the party are restless sorts, who will chafe at being tied down in one place. I'm sure you'll find a way to motivate us to move on. In the case of Halleth, you could dangle rumors of undiscovered Numenorean treasure in front of him.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Oh both Telurin (and I imagine Aerondil) will want to return to Rivendell. If we are successful in Tharbad, and establish a good governor here, then there will not only be plenty of ability to leave, but the Wise (particularly Elrond or even Bilbo) would have good reason to ask for our help. I don't really know how RotN hooks the adventures. I imagine some are more random, and some you are speaking with the Wise and they "recruit" you. Apparently RotN is more dangerous and is better for higher level heroes, so it's probably a good idea that we didn't just start there right away.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:25 pm

We could establish a trade route to Bree, Rivendell and Dunland.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name