The L5R to LotR LCG Project

Converting the L5R setting to the FFG Lord of the Ring LCG co-op style game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The L5R to LotR LCG Project

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:28 pm

I think I have done up a nice core set. Its all on the Google Doc right now but I'm going to start building an encounter set. Any input would be cool.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:03 pm

So I finished up the first quest, at least a beta of it. So I've started building the card images now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Well that's that. I've finished up the Core Set - Imperial Edition. These are all the player cards. Obviously they might need fixes, errata, tweaking. I've been trying to do that as I go to make it balanced and to be fun and useful. I have designed a simple First Quest which I'll be working on next to get the cards going.

My goal is to get some PDF files up of the cards so they be printed and play tested before working on OCTGN versions of the cards for use. Comments are welcome, and play testing would be awesome.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:09 pm

Well, my Beta is done and ready. Below is a link to Drop Box where you can get a PDF file of the player cards and the first encounter set and quest. I haven't done quest #2 or #3 yet, cause I was hoping to start testing cards and playing some. Check it out, let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8k3ud9uc50zk ... 0G-Ca?dl=0

Once I'm able to test things some, and play a bit and I finish up Quest 2 and 3, I will make it available for OCTGN.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:27 am

I've been looking over those pages, here and the PDFs (huuuuge!) and I was wondering what this is based on. I saw Shimazu and Ryoko so it seems to be CE.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Yeah the Player Card PDF is large, its 110 cards (3 of each!)

I've decided to start 'at the beginning' which to me is the Scorpion Clan Coup, so its Imperial Edition (Clan Wars). Its based on the L5R Canon as much as I can, but just like any game I've made my own characters, which includes some of the guys from Crimson Empire - Shimazu, Ryoko, Oniji and Shiori. As I put out adventure packs for it I'll add others, Seppun Hisato, Hikari, Heichi (who actually is a conical character in the game), Dayu and Ishi.

I've printed out a copy of the PDFs for myself and am hoping to test things out this weekend some.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:40 am

Yeah, I was waiting/hoping to see my own characters pop up up. ;-)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:05 am

Well i printed out the pdfs and cur them out and sleeved them with l5r cards to give them thickness...sort of my basic print job sort of thing. Built 3 decks and started testing. I found some editing errors like the card numbers for the last 4 cards of the set a space here a typo there but nothing major on any player card except Satsume.

He will need errata so he can duel any enemy even uniques. As for the first quest a few minor edits and 1 major one so it doesnt become a slog through rhe wncounter deck.

Like what i saw. It feels l5r just right. I plays wells the card base is a bit week but its just a base set. Overall nice ao far. I made a dueling deck as much as i could and found a few duels i actually lost and its week without some weapons on guys. Then a fire air with solid wust and combat. Lastly an earth fire monk and shugenga deck....the spell earth becomes sky is great at the right time.

Anyhow a few games tested some mistakes made but looking good over all.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Did some errata and fixes to my cards locally. Figure eventually I'll edit fix the sheets or just produce a sheet with the errata'd cards on it.

Only one to two game play edits, some numbering mistakes, a few art tweaks, and one or two typos.

Not bad, I played a bunch of times 2 or 3 handed, and it seems to work okay for the opening adventure where Shoju killed the Emperor and your job is to escape the Imperial Palace with the Heir.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:42 pm

With the big announcement about L5R moving from AEG to FFG I decided to finish up my Imperial Set of cards for this little project. Have just completed much of the work for the next 2 adventures, basically making it a 3 adventure set.

1 - Survive the Imperial Court doing the Coup.
2 - Find and save Akodo Toturi so he can lead the united clans against Shoju.
3 - Take the Outer City

Follow up expansions will have player cards, but also adventures along the lines of taking the Inner City, Defeating Shoju, and dealing with the aftermath of it all.

I need to product the PDF files, and then the OCTGN set files, which will take a bit.

http://www.l5r.com/