Prelude: Vows

The Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgaard, the unexplored east, and the great seas of the west ... Peace was fleeting and the world was falling into despair. Kings fought wars, sorcerers dabbled in arcane powers, and witchers killed monsters for coin. Borders changed, but the hearts of men never would.

The Witcher is a RPG based on the Witcher novels, short stories, and video games. The Witcher RPG is run with the Savage Worlds system.

Run by TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Vows

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:22 am

"Oh, hallo, err, yer grace." The men each bow their head awkwardly.

The man with a sword over his lap comment, Well, like nuthin you'd be interested in, your grace."
Unlikely. Nazair was conquered around 1239 - 1250, it is 1272 right now.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Ah, I see. I guess I had assumed Nazair was conquered at the same time as Suddon. So I grew up in exile. Which means my parents escape from the conquest of Nazair ... and ended up living in poverty. Maybe no one wanted to take them in because they didn't want to risk angering Niflgaard?
Amarna replies, "Well, I'm pretty bored right now, so it might interest me."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Could be. Or they just were moving around from place to place, never settling for whatever reason.
"Err, sure, yer grace. Heard the king took a sorcereress as his advisor. Those types er dangerous, and King Kirstin's father never woulda done that."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Amarna nods and says, "Hmm, that is interesting. Anyone say why he took her on?" She thinks this might bode well for her--it could mean King Kristin was willing to take risks.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 pm

"Couldn't say," the sentry answers, "The Lodge of Sorceresses seem to be everywhar. They advise the Kings of Temeria, Redania, Kedwin, and so on. Guess if those places can have a sorcereress, we can too." He shrugs.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:30 pm

"Fair enough," says Anarma. "Thank you for that bit of knowledge and I wish you all a good day." She continued on down to the courtyard to get some practice sparring, before she needed to change into something suitable for the evening's dinner.
Feel free to jump cut ahead to the dinner if you don't have anything else planned before then. I'm working on a revised character background to take into account growing up in exile. Some of the details will change, but the character should still be conceptually largely the same.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Nastrog Keep

Baron Danylo was true to his word. As the hours pass through the day, Anarma is finally told she will be dining with the king of Verden, Kistrin. Anarma did not know a great deal about the king, save he was unmarried, and hated the Nilfgaardians just like she did. He had rebelled against his father in the war and usurped the throne when King Ervyll sided with Nilfgaard. King Ervyll was not much loved and when Kistrin actually let the man flee into the south in exile, there was a great deal of disagreement with the other northern kingdoms and even his own men, including Danylo.

Anarma is brought to a great hall with a huge rectangular table. There are several servants moving back and forth, but those at the table were clearly more important. There was a brown bearded man in his early middle years which Anarma assumed was the king. There was a beautiful woman at his side, with a low cut blouse and a pendant around her neck. That must be the sorceress, Anarma assumed. Oddly, there was also a dwarf, already drinking from a tankard. She had seen the dwarf before, and thought he was a man of Danylo's. His name was Pug, or so Anarma thought she had heard. Danylo walks with Anarma, stopping as he gets the king's attention, "My king, may I introduce Queen Anarma Zovield of Nazair."

Welcome Eanwulf to the game as Pug

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Amarna was formally dressed for the occasion, having enlisted some of Danylo's maids to help her bathe, do her hair and help her with her formal clothes. She was more used to dressing as a warrior, but her parents had migrated from one court to another and she had also learned to where formal dresses and the like.

As Danylo introduces Amarna to King Kristin, she makes a formal curtsey and says, "It is an honor to meet you, Your Majesty. I appreciate the refuge your kingdom has provided me in my exile." She was perfectly happy to show King Kristin a little deference. They may have been equals, but they were in his kingdom and as such he was due respect--not to mention it was smart politically.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:19 am

Initially, Pug's attention seems to be solely focused upon the contents of his tankard. It isn't until the dwarf hears the Baron's voice that it deviates. Turning his gaze upon the pair entering the great hall, Pug raises his eyebrows and nods briefly to Lord Danylo, silently acknowledging his friend's presence. He then shifts his eyes to one side and momentarily stares at Amarna. Tis no Queen of mine... the dwarf ponders, his gaze shifting suddenly to that of King Kistrin nearby.

What in the Bloody Hells has Danylo gotten me into this time!?

Shaking his head slightly, Pug ultimately decides to return his focus "back" to the tankard sitting in front of him. After all, Kings and Queens aside, this was probably the best mug of brew he has had in quite some time and he plans to enjoy it!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:18 pm

It was said the king was a serious man. He had vanquished his father, and these sort of things weight heavily on a person, no doubt. Even still, King Kirstin smiles and bows slightly, taking Queen Anarma's hand and feigning a kiss to her knuckles as is proper to do. "Your grace," he says, release her hand and offering a seat of honor next to his at the head of the table. "Do you know Cullik Pugram?" The king nods to the dwarf, "He's just returned from Cintra, exploring the Nilfgaardian defenses." Then, he swivels his hips open and waves a hand to the obvious sorceress. "This is Madam Gwynda de Marque of the Lodge of Sorceresses. She is my royal adviser." The beautiful sorcerer curtsies and lowers her head, "Your grace, the honor of our introduction is all mine." The king smiles as introductions are made, "Good, then, I hope you have an appetite. I have had our kitchen cook some of the famous Nazairian delicacies, I hope they meet with your approval."