Prelude: Beards, Ears and Noses

The Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgaard, the unexplored east, and the great seas of the west ... Peace was fleeting and the world was falling into despair. Kings fought wars, sorcerers dabbled in arcane powers, and witchers killed monsters for coin. Borders changed, but the hearts of men never would.

The Witcher is a RPG based on the Witcher novels, short stories, and video games. The Witcher RPG is run with the Savage Worlds system.

Run by TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:28 pm

"No trouble?" the guard peers out the window with a gaping look, "What was that?" His head swings back in Radislaw's direction, "Where did he go? How ... Tell me, now!" He grabs the hilt of his sword threateningly, but then looks back outside trying to catch a glimpse of the escaping gnome.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Post by Aegor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:04 pm

"I know not, my lord, I am a simple gnome, not a scientist! He, I can bring him to you! Yes, I can leave here now and bring him, if you desire so." he thinks for a moment

"My gnome nose you see" he points to the long snotty thing

"My nose can smell better than yours and I can just go out the door and sniff for clues of where he flew away. For a price of course"

Please don't say the price is your life, Raddy thought.
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:45 pm

"I am not letting you go anywhere alone!" He peers down at the small gnome with flared nostrils. "Lead me to him, now! Then I might let you go for good behavior. That's the only reward you are getting from me."

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Aegor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:26 pm

"Very well, that I can do" the gnome first takes a look outside the window and than walks outside, hoping to follow Percivald's trail, or escape the guard.

He mimicks smelling the air and lifts one finger.

"Aha! That way he went" he points toward the most secluded part of town with the least number of people and starts slowly walking towards it.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:55 pm

"How can you tell?" the guard asks, following the gnome. "I do not see any tracks." He points to the ground, "Plus, when he left, he was flying! Flying!" He shakes his head in dismay.

"But your nose, you say, you can smell good?" He frowns, "Never knew that. Fine, lead on." He waves for Radislaw to lead him where he will.

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Aegor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:01 am

"Percivald, if that is his real name, smells of cheap vodka and soiled flesh. Can't you smell it? I think you just rulers of this city should employ us gnomes, your faitful servants as scouts maybe, because of our sense of smell" he lies, could not smell nothing at all - but in his drunk mind this was a fine way to escape him.

"Good thing you smell of a pleasant fragrance my Lord, or I could have passed out in there, I swear" he kisses ih arse a bit.

"I do not know how he flew away, could be a wonder machine he jabbed about. I thought it's all drunk babbling" he says at the end, as they approached the most shadowy street possible.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:13 am

"Yes, I smell it, of course I do."

That was untrue; the guard was not a good liar. The guard follows Radislaw and starts to grow uneasy. "I should go get some backup. We can remember where this is, what street is this?" The guard turns about, frowning, obviously disoriented in this section of Vizima and the darkness of the streets. Guards did not often come to the non-human parts of the city unless it was to stir up trouble or make an arrest .. or perform a murder ...

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Aegor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:50 am

"This is the Wineskin alley, right over there is the street of Needles" Raddy makes up some names.

"o tell me, what do you need Percivald for? I am cruious by nature."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 am

"He is wanted for questioning." The guard looks down at the gnome, "He stole something, if you must know." He grumbles, "Now where is he. Show me already!" The man is getting impatient.

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Aegor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:30 pm

"Over there, let me get him!" the gnome says, hoping the new gadget he constructed will work.

It served the purpose of adding speed to the robust Radislaw, to catapult him in the unknown darkness ahead.

With those words he pushed a button on his ancle and hoped the mechanism will soon give him enough speed to escape
Activate Fast