Moderator: Eanwulf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Character Building Conversation

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:43 pm

Let's use this thread to discuss your characters.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Let's start off with discussing the option of the two of you ( @Muskrat and @TetNak ) still being brothers.Is this a viable option still? And if so, are you going to do the pious vs rebellious friendly rivals type of scenario?

Be sure to check out YOUR FACTION'S CURRENT LEADER He is a pious man, prone to being a bit stern at times, though in tune enough with his surroundings to know when a student is in need of guidance, etc.

In regards to the way factions are set up. Let us presume to understand that (for the majority) each person within the Iron Circle was given a birth name originally (denoting family first then their homeland's associated name) but upon their acceptance within the Circle, they are given a chosen name (typically differing from their birth name) much like Chinese custom dictates with children and other occurrences. This way you might have the Iron Circle's current leader Chang Feng, who might have originally been born Mao Shao-Fing. He'd be known among the Circle and most likely those he visits on the outskirts of civilization as Chang Feng, but if ever taken into custody or had to deal with issues in the city; he'd be referred to as Mao Shao-Fing as that is what the government knew him as.

I say this, as each faction inside the Iron Circle is generally comprised of 3-5 family groups. Each one more than likely somehow related to the next, be it the prominent family's wife's kin, a servant family, etc. It gets a little confusing at first but not really if you think about it and shouldn't really come into play that often. I just wanted you to be aware now in the event someone decides to bring you before any officials inside a more civilized region.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:59 pm

I'm still okay with us being brothers. My character is probably the rebel, though he wouldn't see himself that way. He would be nominally Daoist and might even make a regular show of being pious--but he would be very, very from striving for humility.

And I was seeing "Thunder Strike" as his adopted name.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Character Building Conversation

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Aye, I too want people to come up with nicknames. In the NPCs section you notice their names listed with several nicknames. For example:
  • Li-Jun Wu
    Nicknames: "Iron Soldier" (pos.), "Little General" (both), "-Puppet-" (neg.)
Whenever Li-Jun Wu is referred to as Iron Soldier, he considers the name to be a compliment or it is expressed with admiration towards the man. Little General could be used or taken either way, dependent on the context in which it was used at the time. -Puppet- refers to the -concept- of him being referred to as the puppet of his nation and as such is taken to be an insult by the man or meant to be an insult by the speaker in some manner or fashion.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:08 am

I need to read this again. Once I have EP going and underway, this is my next step.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:08 am

I think I am going to be from Yan. My father was a member of the secret service there. He wanted me to join, but I rebelled and fled. Something along those lines.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:26 am

Would definitely give you a tie to Muskrat, who is essentially of the same mindset as the leader of the Yan's faction within the Iron Circle. Both are warriors at heart trying to prove themselves. He could have bonded with you as a friendly rival to your leader's teachings, i.e. my kung-fu is better than yours, etc.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Is this game still active or is it dead?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:53 pm

I believe it is active

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Over a month since a post. Not so sure.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring