OOC Forum for the Iron Circle

Moderator: Eanwulf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Character Building Conversation

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:39 pm

We're still working on getting it going. I think Wulf took some time to get Yggdrassill started. So, Wulf, what say you?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Yes. At least, I'm hoping it's still active and that it will pick up steam once Wulf gets Yggdrasill going.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:28 am

I'm still here and want to run this. I've just had a lot on my plate recently between illness and real life.

I see the two of you have opted to go the route of opposing factions. I'd appreciate if it - given the fact that most nations valued their own kind more than others - if the two of you were perhaps friendly rivals and are about the same age as one another. Given the nature of our game and the fact that the Iron Circle is designed to promote an universal understanding of each other's culture, this would suit the game greatly.

I also have an idea for Muskrat's little sister, an apprentice Taoist healer of about 12-13 years of age named Wushifu. She is for the most part, your run-of-the-mill NPC plot device in some sections as well as the group's background healer. Maybe TetNak's character finds her annoyingly attractive and has developed a big brother complex to her as well? The years spent together cultivating the relationship into something nearing awkward at times and the possibility of truly testing the two of your's friendliness in said rivalry upon occasion?
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:04 pm

I have no problem with having a little sister. I thought Tet and I were going to be brothers? In any case, my character is arrogant enough that his relationship with most other martial artists will be one or rivalry.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:49 am

Yeah it looks like he wishes to pursue another household, hence my comments and suggestions on how the two of you viewed one another. It is "in theory" a lot more open inside the Iron Circle when it comes to fraternizing with other sanctions. You don't have government officials judging you nearly as much if you opt to make friends with an alleged enemy of the state, etc. You are all supposed to be above such things and merely pilgrims upon a path to enlightenment. You could easily find another sanction's school of fighting to hold great interest and wish to speak with them further about how it works or was conceived. They could "in theory" opt to teach you through personal trial or open instruction. It's all really sandbox, though there will be of course personal favorites within each sanction as no matter how hard one tries to be perfect and enlightened, they are still flawed by man's sins of pride and prejudice. If we went by traditional Chinese standards, you'd be all in the same faction with whatever allies they might have and even then, those have been known to change sides often. Such is the way of Chinese Sagas and Warfare in general.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:12 am

I again need to read things over. I remember essentially nothing. Sorry.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Wulf, maybe the way to kick this off is in a live game?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Only I don't have time for a live game.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Could be a prequel to the PbP game. It hopefully will draw other players' interest.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:29 am

Still no activity here? Time to acept its current demise?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring