Second Ring - The Overland Route

“Welcome to the shining star of the Colonies, the Second City, honorable samurai! May your stay be as interesting and profitable as you desire! I strongly recommend that you do not venture outside the city until you have had an opportunity to receive some rudimentary training with the Second City Guardsmen, however.” – Shinjo Hariken, Vassal of the Miya
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

The Dragon: A Duel of Honor

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Hoo-boy, that was a nice, close roll!
Having herself being led in a disadvantageous position for the duel, Yukiko pushes concerns from her mind. It is but a puddle but her boots are sturdy enough to keep wetness away and still gives hera solid stance. Unlike the Tamori, the Utaku had no particualar traing and her posture is the most basic one, taught at the beginning of any iaijutsu lesson.

"Your own actions condemned you. And the kami guided us to your door. Your own words will be disproven," she replies as calm as she can. Her left foot slides back a half inch, shoulders dropping and the Unicorn breathes slower...
I'd like to know her Void.
And I'd like to spend a Void point for the next skill roll.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Yukiko sizes up her foe, the puddle is nothing, only the moment of the strike. She speaks her condemnation, and shifts. The two women stand there gazing at one another for a long moment.

Then in a flash they both move. Both strike like the wind. Each reacts at the same moment at the other. The Fortunes must be with Yukiko, for its clear that Tamanako is he better duelist, its obvious to anyone watching (and there are people now standing and watching in the street. Yukiko's blade flashes and sprays crimson across the road, but at the very same moment the Dragon's blade flashes out and cuts Yukiko.

Tamanako topples to the ground, in the puddle, mixing blood and water, she is coughing from the seriously deep wound, her blade in hand pressed against the road.

Yukiko looks down, her favorite kimono is cut, ruined, but she herself is unharmed, the blade never finding purchase in her flesh!
Her Void is 3

Focus: During the second Round of the duel, both characters enter the Focus stage on the Initiative Turn of the faster duelist. The opponents study one another carefully, looking for any weakness. The duelists make a Contested Iaijutsu (Focus) / Void Roll. If one duelist beats the other’s roll by 5 or more, that duelist earns the right to make the first strike. He gains a Free Raise toward his strike roll for every additional increment of 5 by which he beats his opponent’s roll. If neither duelist beats the other’s roll by at least 5, then a simultaneous “kharmic strike” takes place.

Tamanako: 24

Yukiko: (Spend Void) Rolled: 4K4
13, 8, 5, 1
Totaling: 27
Adding 0 = 27!!!

Kharmic Strike - You both land your blow at the same time and deal dmg at the same time.

Yukiko: Iaijustsu/Refelx Rolled: 3K3
18, 7, 1
Totaling: 26
Adding 0 = 26 Hit for Rolled: 7K2
17, 7, 5, 3, 2, 2, 1
Totaling: 24
Adding 0 = 24 Wounds

Tamanako: 20 Miss! Wow. = 0 Wounds

I guess that means you win!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:45 pm

:shock: Damn! That's awesome, WHOOOO! :D :D :D
Uncertain that her victory is indeed one, Yukiko looks down at the slash that did not touch her but it takes her a moment that her own blade had cut deep, while the Tamori's did not. The Unicorn calmly flicks the blood of the blade, sheathing it again. It is clear, even to the winner of the duel that she her skill is not comparable to that of the other samurai-ko. Convinced it was her ancestor who guided her hand, she looks to the Shiba and the Tomori.

"This argument is settled and suspicons proven," the shiotome says with a small smile but her posture is one of clear relief. After a few deep breathes she exchanges the katana of her daisho to the Moto scimitar. "Shiba-san, what do we do now?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:22 pm

The shugenja stands outside of the sword range of the downed duelist, a look of righteous superiority on his face. "You kneel, judged by the Fortunes. It is clear that the Celestial Heavens have proved we are in the right. What say you now, Tamori-san? Will you not humble yourself, and come clean before the watchful eye of the Heavens?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Tamori Tamanako lays in the dirt, bleeding. Her hand clutches her wound, and her face turns to tear. She looses her On in the humiliating defeat to the Unicorn, and finally her brittle facade breaks down. She begins to weep uncontrollably, coughing among it, spitting up blood from her injury as she does. "Yes, I admit it! I killed Bakane. I did it, I framed Gopti for it too." Its all she can do to hold herself together -- emotionally and phsyically.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:18 pm

The Phoenix does his best to maintain his composure during the confession, attempting to keep the On of a Magistrate. "Then may the Fortunes take your confession into account when judging you for your actions. Mayhaps you may earn absolution, but that is for them to decide. I can only seek for justice in this world." He pulls out a scroll and unfurls it. "You shall live to tell the Magistrates what you have done. I will not let a sword stroke end you." He pauses, before administering the healing. "Why? For the sake of the Heavens, why did you do such a thing?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Tamanako accepts the kami's healing, and her wound stops bleeding. She sits up, still kneeling in the dirt, but she recovers enough wits to flick the mud from her blade and return it to the saya. "I was blackmailed to. I was given the kukri, and told to create this frame-up, by a man who reminded me of my obligations I have in the Second City."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 pm

With grim satisfaction, Yukiko watches the healing and the conversation between the shungenja. Offhandedly she strokes the head of her horse as it stands behind her. "Was it a man by the name of Doji Chonitsu, perhaps?" The Unicorn asks. She does not like to think of what obligation could have brought the Dragon down.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Her face drops at the mention of Chonitsu, its clear she knows that name. Yet there is some self preservation inside her that steels her once more, "I... I don't believe I know that name." Fear. You can see it, she's fearful, even at this point, to speak out against Chonitsu.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 pm

"Hmm," Yukiko makes, her disbelief visible. Arashi the battle steed snorts in agreement with his rider. She looks to the Phoenix and the Dragon. "This man who made you steep to such low actions, where did he go? And why would anyone even bother with framing someone like Gopti."