Prelude: A Guest of the Woods

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:25 am

Bearnoch chuckles as Berwyn questions her. She simply shakes her head as the rapid-fire questions come in. The woman clearly cannot keep up, answering what she can. "No, women not like Bearnoch. Make sure you stay to talk, not shoot with bow or stab with sword. Some Saxon, yes, some Saxon no. Kill brother." She waves toward the fire, "We sit, rest, late. No walk in darkness here, lose way." She does not answer the rest of Berwyn's questions.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:00 am

Resigned to another night of Angle hospitality, Berwyn looks for a place to sleep. He wonders to himself if he shouldn't just wait for the group to fall asleep and then high-tail it through the woods, but if somehow there is a hope of new allies, then it would be a shame to squander the opportunity. His father should at least be presented with the facts. He would know best how to handle the situation. Women. Amlaíb would not be so cautious. He would be enjoying the thought of a pretty girl asking for him to give her babies. Well, at least he could sleep lying flat on the ground tonight instead of chained to a tree. Perhaps he would see things more clearly in the morning.

"Yes. I am tired. I will sleep, not run. No more chains I hope?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Berwyn is given more fowl before he sleeps and as much water and beer as he wants. The men seem to have an improved attitude after Bearnoch speaks to them. Berwyn is told by her that they did not know why they were sent to capture Berwyn, "No more chains, no run," she says. As promised, Berwyn isn't put into chains. The last few days with no food and water has caused Berwyn a great deal of fatigue. He finds himself falling fast asleep without much of a delay as the night goes on.

The moon is high when his eyes open again. Snoring can be heard from the Angle warriors around the dying fire, but that isn't what has woken him up. Instead, he finds his belt is being unbuckled. Bearnoch is next to him, her shirt has been pulled down enough to expose her breasts, and she pulls at the buckle a loosens it's hold on Berwyn's waist. She smiles at Berwyn's waking and pulls herself close. "Plant seed now, Celt prince," she says.

Berwyn thinks about everything even as the desire is strong, and no matter his intellect telling him to wait, her hands that unclasp the button on his pants tell him otherwise.
Berwyn: Vigiliance+Tenacity = 15
Bearnoch: Seduction+Charisma = 14, Uses Gift, "Striking", 14 + 6 = 20

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Startling awake to see the princess mostly undressed and in the process of undressing him, Berwyn is at a loss for how to react. "Bearnoch, wait. My father..."

His mind is racing. Is he compromising his father's position? Endangering his people? Or is he gaining a much needed ally? I can't do this, not now. Despite how much he argues with himself, he finds that his body is not resisting. In fact, it seems quite willing to comply with her wishes.

As sixteen year old male in the presence of a beautiful young woman forcing herself on him, he doesn't really stand a chance. He doesn't even put up a fight, just letting her do what she wants. Having never been with a woman before, it is all over before he really understands what has happened. Afterward he is washed over with a wave of conflicting emotions: anger, fear, shame, and euphoria.

"That was my first time," He states softly, almost apologetically. He looks at her in the moonlight, lying next to him, as he runs his finger slowly over her smooth skin. She looked even more beautiful now as he watched her chest rise with each breath. "Bearnoch, do you think that was wise? Will our fathers approve?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:01 pm

The Angle woman laughs after she slides off the top of Berwyn. It does not appear to be a slight, her face is flush and full of color, and afterward she lays next to the Celt. Berwyn notice one man looking over, then putting his head back down to return to sleep. "What matter? Father not Christian, they hate us and free-people, yes? You are Celt, no Roman, yes?" It was warm anyway, and Bearnoch rolled off to let the wind blow over them. "You only mate wife? Wife, no wife, no matter, Wife alliance, no wife," she shrugs as she rests, "Just fun. Maybe baby. More warriors against Saxons. Hope wife, do this again."

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:29 pm

"Bearnoch, tell me about you and your people. Who is your father? How long have you been here in Yr Hen Ogledd?

If he is going to possibly marry this woman, then Berwyn figures he should at least no something about her. He would like to know who he is asking his father to ally with before facing the man.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:42 pm

"Father?" Bearnoch grunts and throws herself on top of Berwyn once more. "Talk about father later. We do longer this time?"

The next day Berwyn wakes up to the sound of laughing by the fire. Bearnoch and the men are around the camp fire cooking sweet smelling meat. Berwyn realize he didn't get much sleep that night, not like he probably needed. One of the Angles notice Berwyn and say something in their native tongue, which sounds very much like the Saxon language to him. But then the man waves for Berwyn to come over to the fire. Suprisingly, it was the same man that threatened him with the club the day before.

Berwyn realizes suddenly this is his father's feast day and his absence will surely be noticed.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Berwyn makes his way to the fire, yawning as he goes. He nods to the men, knowing it would be pointless to try and speak to them directly.
"Good morning Bearnoch. Please tell the others good morning for me as well."
He feels awkward among the foreigners, but does his best to smile and nod when they speak to him, even when Bearnoch doesn't translate. Breakfast is delicious after three days of starvation. Soon though, he begins to worry about his father's feast day. He manages to get the Angle princess alone for a moment and speaks slowly and simply to her hoping to help her understand, "My father has a feast today. I am expected there. If I am not there, he will come look for me. We should go there. Will you come with me? Leave now?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:46 pm

The Angles nod as Bearnoch apparently translates what Berwyn's said. She drinks from her cup, "Yes, we will go after food." It was a direct response and one that would get Berwyn home later that night. She smiles at Berwyn as they eat, and one man says something to her, and all the rest of the men start laughing. She blushes, actually, and shakes her head. Berwyn clearly realizes it was some off color comment about them. It does not take long for the food to be finished and the camp packed up. "We go," she says to Berwyn. The men make no move to give him back his weapons or armor, however. "They come with, guard us."

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:49 am

Berwyn is nervous leading a group of men toward his home. He really knows nothing about Bearnoch or her people other than that she claims to be a princess among the Angles. He cannot tell an Angle from a Saxon. He wonders if he could be being lied to. It would be quite an elaborate ruse to go through, when they could have just tortured him or continued staving him. He wanted to think he could trust the young woman, but he also could not bear the thought of being beguiled by the temptation of a woman into betraying his clan. He had to know more, and he wanted his armor and weapons back.

"Bearnoch, do you not trust me? Show me you trust me. Give me my armor and weapons."