Prelude: Eat, Drink, and be Merry

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 am

June 1st, 485 AD
Hyllr, the Hall of the King

Today was the first day celebrating King Eus ap Eus' day of birth. The festivities were to last a full week with the culmination of games on the last day. The caber toss, axe throwing, gwryva (wrestling), the stone toss and horse races were all to be included. Food was being put on the tables in preparation for the feast, but some guests had begun arriving. King Eus greeted them all to his home, offering them the sanctity of his roof and hearth. Eus did not speak to anyone for long, however, walking back to his seat where he sat in relative silence. He looked glum, truth be told, or at least that is what Amlaíb thought.

King Eus had two sons, Amlaíb and Berwyn, both from different mothers. Amlaíb was the elder, but no heir had been declared. It was likely that King Eus was hoping to expand his domain in order to gift both sons with a plot of land and a kingship. Amlaíb knew that Berwyn had not been seen for three days, and that he would not take part in his father's celebration was a terrible slight or a sign of trouble. Either way, it showed on King Eus' face even as he attempted to hide it.
This thread is currently only for @Olligarchy.

I'll be adding people as their characters are built further.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:19 am

Seated as he was besides his father, Amlaíb was in a good mood and even when his father seemingly broods over the nonsensical details of kingship, he keeps the party going with the odd jest and stride around the hall. With his pearly laughter and silver tongue, Amlaíb found it rather easy to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves, at least so long as the food and drink kept on coming from the kitchens, which blessedly they did.

However he was not blind, and could easily enough see that his fathers mind was elsewhere, so after a prolonged talk with one of the older warriors, he takes a seat next to his father and leans over with a smile.

"Tell me which demon bars your way to the pleasures of the night then, father... and I shall slay it for you!"
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:23 am

Eus smiles weakly and reaches over, grabbing the nape of Amlaíb and bringing his son's forehead to his own. Amlaíb felt the cool touch of his father's simple crown, suddenly wondering if it felt that cold on his father's brow always.

"Your brother," Eus says, "He has been gone a while." King Eus shrugged, his son was a man, and he should not worry about him so. "Let us simply eat and drink. I have set out the last of the Roman wine I brought with us north." Eus slapped his son on the shoulder and waves to a pair of servants setting up the cask.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:28 am

Feeling his fathers brow against his, Amlaíb smiles and grasps the back of his fathers head for a moment before releasing the older man and lifting his tankard for another sip.

"A mighty demon that" He comments,"One I would not be eager to slay; for it stands mine brother by blood and deed I fear... but one you need not fear neither, for mine brother stands every inch the man we do and so long as he carries his blade with him there are few that can challenge him."

After a brief pause, Amlaíb laughs,"Mayhaps he has for once gotten lost in some barn with a woman? Would be the first, would it not?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:34 am

"That is a task for my Amlaíb, instead, is it not?" Eus smiled at that. His tribe had little care of sexual promiscuity, even though his father prayed to the Christ-god of the Romans from time-to-time. Most Roman dominated Christianity was related strictly to the Saxons, and that combinations made most folk balk at the monotheistic ways that many of the invaders worshiped as the Britons did under Roman occupation.

Eus himself had never married, but it was said he kept all his lovers in high regard, be that honored concubines or farmer's daughters. "Bring me a cup of wine, Amlaíb!"

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:39 am

"I hardly stand to find myself 'lost'" Amlaíb counters with a smirk,"For I believe I've in mine short years found myself in every barn in the realm." Picking himself up from the table and stopping for a moment to steady himself from the effects of too much food and drink, Amlaíb makes his way to where the barrel of wine is and begins to pour some into his fathers cup with the intention of bringing it to him.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:43 am

Amlaíb fills his father's chalice with the Roman wine and returns it to his father. Eus takes a large drink and smiles, "Ah, your aunt has done well to keep this as fresh as the day with was made." He lifts the cup into the air, giving a hint that his mood might be changing for the better. "To conquests, both carnal and bloody ... and both!" He laughs to that.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:01 am

Smiling as he has clearly succeeded in lifting his fathers spirits, Amlaíb raises his own tankard in a toast and drinks deep, almost spilling some of the precious liquid when his father references to two types of blood, but managing to choke down the wine, only to burst out into laughter when the tankard is lowered from his hand.

As his laughter dies down, Amlaíb wipes tears of laughter from his eyes, still chuckling as he speaks,"And where has my precious aunt gotten herself to then? Mayhaps there's another barrel in the cellars where she stands to enjoy herself on her lonesome?" Truth be told, aunt Rhedyn was much more than an aunt to Amlaíb, having been the sole woman continuously present in his life and truth be told was closer to a mother figure than an aunt to him. Her sheer presence and manyfold life lessons having taught Amlaíb right from wrong and in something that the Christians might've considered perverse; had also guided Amlaíb's budding sexuality towards a direction that preferred older, more experienced women.

Oh there was a place for young birds and maids, but Amlaíb had soon learned that an older woman that knew what she wanted and how she wanted it was just as enjoyable, and in many ways more preferable to someone that still had stars for eyes.
Last edited by Olligarchy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:28 pm

"She's a druid," King Eus states, "And she is a woman," he laughs, "Why should I know where she's gotten off to." Eus takes another drink of wine, looking toward the door as father-and-son enter into the long hall. "Ah, Nuallan and Trahaeran have joined us." The king lifts a hand in greeting. Trahaeran was impossible to miss, as he was near a head taller than any man in the village.

"I had hoped Berwyn was with them," Eus states, his smile slowly fading when his son does not appear with them through the doorway.
@Hayabusa
@Eanwulf

Welcome to the thread

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Prelude: Eat, Drink, and be Merry

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Trahaeran returns his lord's greeting with one of his own, quickly murmuring to his adoptive son as he does so. "Mind your cock and enjoy yourself," the man states jestfully as the smile from his face mirrors king Eus' withdrawal into a frown, "The only sons we want after-all, all proper ones." The large man then lowers his hand and glides across the floor in sauntering manner, his eyes focuses on all about him.

"Well met my liege!" comments Trahaeran as he approaches King Eus, the large man's palm quickly reaching out with coiling embrace to grasp the wrist and inner forearm of his brethren's arm. "I see troubled times and old age hasn't dulled your lust for fun an appetite for celebration. Let us begin the evening with some wine and mead! Then later on I can best one of your finest in combat as tribute to our beloved king's birthday!"

Though Trahaeran's words were spoken sincerely, the concerned man couldn't help but notice Berwyn's absence and already knew that his lord was about to say something of the contrary of his intentions. Still however, he had to show his proper respects...
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!