Prelude: Eat, Drink, and be Merry

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Prelude: Eat, Drink, and be Merry

Post by Wbweather » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:26 am

Berwyn turns to Bearnoch and says, "Go with my aunt. Her name is Rhedyn. She will be better company for you then a couple of bickering brothers."

Once she leaves, he seams to relax. As much as everyone seems to think he is smitten by the Angle princess' feminine charms, he is glad to have a moment away from her. He never was comfortable around women and nothing in the last 24 hours had done anything to change that. In fact he wished it had been Amlaíb whom she had captured. He would much rather be the one getting to sit there and criticize his brother's choices. He knew the moment that he found himself shackled to that tree that there was no way he could survive the ordeal and not appear weak to his family and the teulu.

Despite what his brother thought, he didn't want to marry this woman. He didn't want to have to depend on an alliance with one Germanic tribe against another. He simply was trying to present the offer to his father and then would obediently accept his father's decision. He did see some wisdom in such an alliance, but there was also much risk. Inevitably the Saxons would push north and drive them from this land as well. They might hold them back for a time, but the teulu had weakened over the last few years after many battles and the loss of men. To have five hundred men join the fight. It might be worth the risk. Thankfully, he was not yet king and could defer to his father's judgement. What would he decide if the choice was his? He tended to think of the long view. His brother often seemed to only think of surviving day to day. Yes, he thought the risk was worth taking, but not because some Angle wench mounted him.

"Come brother, let us put away such disagreeable talk and rather see if we cannot enjoy ourselves. After all, this is a feast. Now pass me a tankard of mead and let me try to catch up with you all seeing as I have had such a late start."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:34 am

Amlaíb falls silent when Rhedyn swoops in like a bolt of lightning, leaving nothing in her wake, but an uncomfortable silence only broken when Berwyn speaks out again.

"Agreed!" Amlaíb laughs, reaching out for the tankard of mead and hands it over,"You've much work ahead of you then, for not a man here isn't three sheets to the wind!"
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:27 pm

The two woman leave the hall and step outside. For a while, the party seems to be going ahead as if there were nothing else amiss. The wine and mead is drunk and there is hardly any mention of Bearnoch.

Eventually, Amlaib finds himself back in the king's quarters alone, while in the longhall, the various others drink, eat and socialize.

Traeharen, meanwhile, finds himself marching along the outskirts of town...

Later in the party, Dewin, Eus' court mage, enters the longhall ...
Welcome @Tisben to the game.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:03 am

"Father." Amlaíb nods as he enters the kings quarters, holding two mugs of mead in his hands as he does so,"Do you have a moment?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:23 pm

With his father and Amlaib gone, Nuallan joins his fellow warriors in drink and game. "Bring over twenty mugs and we'll see who can empty them first!" He shouts laughing.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Tisben
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Magus

Post by Tisben » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:30 am

Dewin makes his way over to Nuallan. "Nuallan, a fine party you have here. Be sure not to drink all of the mead as I have not yet partook in the festivities this evening and I shall like to join you in your game of drink. But first, where may I find King Eus? I would desire to greet my dear friend on a his name day."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:52 pm

When Dewin the mage arrives, he spots Amlaib exiting the king's chamber in the back of the longhall. King Eus does not arrive with him.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:14 pm

"Ha!" Nuallan shouts as he puts down his mug to reply to the mage. "There may be a few casks still left untapped and probably more than just a few, Dewin. I'll make sure to see that one's saved for you. Amlaib and our liege have retreated for a bit." He gestures towards where son and father vanished to speak with each other. Glancing over the there he sees his friend returning. "Well, that's Amlaib at least..."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Tisben
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Magus

Post by Tisben » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:07 am

"Thanks Nuallan. I shall return to drink with you and Amlaib." Dewin makes his way to the King's Chambers.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:34 am

Returning from the Kings chambers, Amlaíb looks contemplative and surprisingly enough a bit grim faced as he moves to stand besides Nuallán, clapping him on the shoulder in absent-minded greeting. He does not even seem to notice Dewin as they pass on by for some reason.

"Seems mine father has found cause for misliking mine tongue."