Prelude: Eat, Drink, and be Merry

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Eat, Drink, and be Merry

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:49 am

As Dewin walks toward King Eus' room, the very one and the same steps out. He grunts as he sees the mage and nods. "Dewin," he says, "Where have you been. I am sure there's a tankard of something to drink around here." Eus seems distracted, surely, "Oh, yes, Rhedyn has preserved for us some Roman wine." The king makes a gesture toward the cask.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:50 am

Berwyn looks at his brother. "Well, it does have a habit of running a bit freely at times. But don't worry yourself overly much. Both of us have said more than we should have tonight. Our father has much on his mind after the burden of decision I laid at his feet. Come, let us lay aside somber thoughts for a while and enjoy what is left of the evening. The grim face you bear does not suit you. Perhaps more mead will wash it away."

He watches Amlaíb closely, hoping that his words might help smooth over the disagreement between them.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:54 am

"Do you know that cause?" Nuallan asks. He seriously wonders what the king might have taken an issue with his son. So far he cannot think of a reason, then again, he is a simple man, not too involved in the king's business. He pats his friends hand on his own shoulder and loudly procaims. "Take a mug and empty it, then another. The only reason for a somber thought is if the casks were all empty."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:03 am

Taking his seat with his brother and friend, Amlaíb grunts indistinctly as he pours himself another mug of mead and empties it in one go before giving both of them his characteristic smile, that often resembles a fox smirking more than a bit.

"Matters naught mine friend and brother! Tonight we feast and drink! Whatever tomorrow may bring we will deal with on the morrow!"
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:19 pm

"A wise choice of a future leader," Nuallan replies with his friend and the son of a king beside him. "Nothing matters if we have good food and drink to enjoy. Tomorrow is tomorrow and today is today." He stands up from his seat to raise his mug high. "To our king and his sons!" He shouts before emptying his mug.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Berwyn drinks a few rounds with the other young men, but soon begins to look for his father. He had not yet had a chance to congratulate him on his name day. He had not wanted to spoil this feast by bringing in Bearnoch. He wanted a moment alone to speak with his father without commentary from his brother and the others.

"Brother, Nuallán, please excuse me for a moment. I fear I have failed to give my father the proper honor he deserves on his name day. I would like to do so, and will return to you shortly."

After excusing himself he makes his way toward where Eus and Dewin are standing by the cask of Roman wine.

"Father, I erred in not showing you more respect earlier. I wish to honor you on your name day. I fear I have cast a shadow over the festivities by bringing this woman here. I meant no disrespect and did not intend to trouble you so. Please forgive me for the trouble I have caused."

Tisben
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Magus

Post by Tisben » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:09 am

prior to Berwyn approaching
"Aye, there you are Sire. Happy Name Day! I was out collecting herbs when I lost track of time. The mists shroud the Sun and I forget about how quickly the time passes when I'm focused on finding the right herbs. Yes, I would indeed be honored to drink with you my old friend, on this very special occasion. What shall we drink to? Your Health? Death to Saxons?" Dewin pauses for a moment to contemplate the distracted nature of his friend and then proceeds. "Sire, I sense that you may be troubled. Is everything well with you?"
After Berwyn approaches
As Berwyn walks up, Dewin says "Greetings Berwyn, I'm glad to see you have finally decided to come home. Your father has been worried about you. Indeed we all have. So, what trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?"

Dewin listens to Berwyn's comments to his father and says, "What women is it you speak of? Have you lain with a harlot and got her with child?"

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:47 am

Berwyn feels a blush of heat in his cheeks and his father's mage makes his remarks about the harlot. He silently curses the woman who has made his position here so awkward tonight. He longed to take his leave and go work out his frustration on the training field.

"Aye Dewin, you hit near the mark as always, and yet not precisely true. Whether she be a harlot or not, I cannot say. I think you alone have not heard news of my adventures these past few days. I was waylaid by a group of men I though Saxons for certain. I was held captive for three days until physically exhausted. In my weakened state I was approached by a young woman who told me a tale of her people whom she said were Angles and mutual enemies of the Saxons. She offered herself to me as a pledge to forming an alliance with us. She said she hoped that in our union, preferably by marriage, our people might join together. What wisdom lies in this, I cannot say. I see potential benefit for us, but there is risk of danger too. Most believe I have been beguiled by her lying with me and seem to think I have been played the fool."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:36 am

As the celebrations continue and Berwyn heads on over to give his well-wishes to their father, Amlaíb glances at Nuallán before speaking softly from the side of his mouth, words meant only for his closest friend.

"Depending on how things go in the coming days, I may have to leave. Not of mine fathers desire, but of the need. Will you accompany me to the cauldron, Nuallán?"
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Nuallán looks at one of his closest of friends. He's a bit putzzled by Amlaíb's question for as far as the adpoted son of Trahaeran can tell there would be no doubt about his reply. "I would accompany you to any place. If you needed me to storm the Otherworld, then I'd be the first to join you," he says, patting his friend on the back.