Chapter 1: Uncertain Friends and Certain Enemies

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter 1: Uncertain Friends and Certain Enemies

Post by Wbweather » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Berwyn nods to Calpurnia and takes a ring from her. He then reaches out and takes Bearnoch's hand, slipping the ring gently on her finger. He softly squeezes her hand and then let's it go.

Berwyn glances around the room looking at the members of his family. His aunt looks distracted, possibly skeptical of this marriage. His brother"said thoughts are more difficult to read. His one concern is whether or not this marriage would cause a rift between the two of them. How the politics would play out, he was uncertain. Amblaib was the rightful king of the Corieltauvi and he would honor that. But now, Berwyn was a ruler in his own right along with his new wife. There peoples would need to live in close proximity for now. They would need to depend upon one another, but how long would it take for hostilities to arise?

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Bearnoch takes the other ring from Calpurnia and gently slides it onto Berwyn's hand. She smiles at him, thinking back to all that they had already been through together and hoping that the future turned out even better.
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:37 pm

The Roman witch concludes, "And now, your bonds have been made, tying two hearts as one, two minds as one, and two souls as one. To whatever gods you revere, let no man break the bond that now holds you."

Calpurnia smiles and steps backward, "Seal your bond with a kiss and let us all cheer this union!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Berwyn reaches over and takes Bearnoch's hand, drawing her close to him. He leans forward and kisses her gently. Now, for good or bad, their fates were stitched together.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Rhedyn finds herself wanting to say, Okay, we've had the wedding, now let's get on with the important work. But she holds her tongue. Ceremonies like this deserve more respect, no matter what fears plague her.

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Bearnoch smiles and returns Berwyn's kiss. Then, smiling, she whispers in his ear, "Now we are bound together more tightly than you were bound on the day we met."
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:18 pm

As the two newlyweds kissed Nuallan pumped his fist into the air and cheered. As everyone cheered and hollered Nuallan slapped his friend Amblaib on the shoulder and asked, "So will there a wedding in your near future?" He laughed and continued to clap for the couple.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Rhedyn says to Amblaib and Nuallan, "Actually, that's not a bad idea. Once we have reached our new home, we should look for a suitable bride for you Amblaib. The daughter of a local lord we wish to build an alliance with, who can bear you healthy heirs. The ranks of our family are perilously thin right now. And it would hardly be fair to put all the burden of having sons on poor Berwyn, now would it?" She grins as she finished with a rare joke.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Amblaib shrugs dismissively, not wanting to agree to anything. Instead, he simply mingles with the partygoers.

Mead and wine are drunk and food is eaten. There seems to be no animosity between the Angles to the Britons. It is likely their heroic defense of this town has given them some credit among the people here.

Finally, Calpurnia pulls her daughter aside and states, "It is time to give your speech. It is time to become a Queen while your mother fades."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:51 pm

Bearnoch stood up and pulling Berwyn up next to her began to speak loudly. "My people! Today marks the beginning of my life with Berwyn. A life of unity and mutual help and accord. It also marks the beginning of the union of our peoples into an alliance of mutual help. No longer shall Britons and Angles be enemies, but shall instead call each other brother and friend! To our new brothers!" Bearnoch lifts her cup in a toast and then drinks deep from the mead.

"While today is a joyous celebration of unity and brotherhood, it is also a day of the old passing away to give way to this new union. My mother has decided to return to her own people and to the land of her birth. She has is passing the mantle of leadership on to me and my new husband. When my father died, you accepted my mother as Queen due to her wisdom. While I do not have the advantage of years, I have learned much from my mother and father and am confident that, with my new husband by my side, I may lead you to glory and joy."