Interlude: Warning King Aled

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm

"Where is your strength?"

The tall man steps forward, one of Aled's sons, Amlaib assumes. "Your people are captured by the Wild Hunt, then your strength must be broken." He looks back to his father, "I saw we remain here. If it is the Wild Hunt, or Saxons, they will pass us by without knowing we even exist."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:37 am

Amblaïb had expected this, the cold and uncaring nature of politics in Post-Roman Britain, but the words still sting and bring forth his heat in ways he'd not realised might be his own undoing.

"Our strength? Clearly greater than the might of Caer Myrd here so assembled for even when outnumbered by mystic foes, we stand ready to give battle." Giving the taller son of Aled a scathing look to add to his words, Amblaïb laughs,"Is it the thought of battle that unmans you so, or merely a trust in that hollowed out set of weeds you call a wall that allows you to believe it will hide you from the sight of yon enemies?"

Whilst his scathing words and looks are directed at the tall man, Amblaïb truthfully could not care a whit for him. He didn't need to convince him... he needed King Aled to understand the danger,"If it is so allow me to awaken you rudely once again. It matter not if it is the Corieltauvi or the people of Caer Myrd, for once the Hunt begins, it gives no whits for the borders and allegiances of Men. Tonight it was us, but what of tomorrow night? We too had a palisade... one of much greater strength than yours and despite it the Hunt could take us unwares and strike when we stood vulrenable. When it charges at you the Hunt is strong, but when it is at rest it is like any army... afeared and vulrenable with a slow baggage train that can be ransacked and burnt."

"So join us King Aled... join us when you yet have yon walls and aid us in ridding us of this menace before it rids us all of you as well."
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:45 am

If Amlaib means to rile up King Aled's son, he succeeds. The man steps forward with his arm cocked back in a position to slug Amlaib across the face.

"STOP!" Aled yells at the top of his lungs, which in truth, wasn't so loud.

King Aled does not get up out of his seat, instead grunting, "My son, Dewyr will go with you, and you will show him this Wild Hunt. He will then return and tell me of them. Will that suit your sharp tongue?" Dewyr did not appear to be the big man, as the other son steps forward and bows. That seemed for the best at this point.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:03 am

Looking to the tall man with the mild sort of disregard of a man that knows if he is struck the other will die due to Nuallan, Amblaïb inclines his head to the King,"Certainly. I am quite sure that I and your perceptive son will get along famously."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:14 pm

"Give me a moment," Dewyr says, "I will collect my things." He walks deeper into the hall, returning with his leather armor and spear. He nods, "Ok, let's go, Prince Amlaib."

The big son grunts, "If you get my brother killed, I shall repay you, Corieltauvi scum. We Brigantes don't need you here. You should go back south and retake your homes instead of settling our lands."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Nodding, Amblaïb waits for Dewyr to return calmly before heading out of the hall with him, only turning as the bigger man addresses him.

"I shall do my best." He does not consider it worthy of himself to return the insults, he'd levied far better and more of them earlier and merely rolls his eyes, exiting the hall.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Dewyr frowns, "I apologize for my brother," he says as you get outside. "He's not particularly social, and less so with strangers." He looks at the pair, "Lead the way and we shall see how bad it looks." He seems to believe Amlaib at least.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:20 pm

"I too may have lost mine temper." Amblaïb laughs for a moment before stopping and looking tired and weary,"Though it stands as no excuse, it is mostly because of the events of the past days having not been the most enjoyable... .but follow me then!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Softly and slowly, the trio approach the camp of the Wild Hunt. They can be heard and smelt long before the two princes and their companion reach the outskirts of camp. Dewyr grunts, "They won't be able to see us in here, but we won't be able to see them either. I hear plenty. We are not that far away, Prince Amlaib, they would have rushed our caer if they knew we were here."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:36 pm

"Then let us peek in a little closer." Amblaïb whispers in a hushed tone. So far the only times he'd truly seen the Hunt had been under times of duress and... stress and a chance to take a look closer without an upwelling of emotion might well be moment... especially if it might shed light on if the Hunt had intention of striking at the nearby stronghold.