Chapter 2: Making a New Home

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:59 pm

June 28th, 485 AD
Hyllr

The logistics a full scale move this large was a nightmare. It had taken a week to pack everything and prepare for travel to Hyllr which was only a few days away. The Britons had traveled the road to and from the Angle stronghold and they were not overly wide or well maintained. It would be a challenge to get everything to Hyllr at any rate of speed whatsoever. Dozens of carts are loaded, along with mules, in order to transport all the goods that the Angles can carry. They try to leave nothing behind. Sheep and pigs are also brought along, as part of the Angles' foodstuffs are in pork, and the need for wool is always high. Most all of this had been destroyed in Hyllr, and now it was paramount.

Amblaib keeps the Angles in good spirits through Bearnoch and Berwyn, as they do a good enough job translating for him. Berwyn and Bearnoch also keep the traveling caravan on track. They both had traveled this path a couple times now, and with that, they are able to guide the long train of people and goods along their way. Unfortunately, on the second night, a pack of wolves descends on part of the caravan and kill a dozen sheep. By the time they are driven off the damage is done.
UPDATED TRIBES THREAD
Otherwise, the large group of Angles, largely led by the Britons, arrive at Hyllr in the afternoon of the third day. Amblaib and Berwyn are pleased to find their father's old friend, Traharen, has the Corieltauvi largely ready to depart. The old war chief looks surprised to see so many. He waves to those at the head of the column and makes his way toward the head of the column. "Hyllr never had so many," he states aloud. "We have what we could scavenge ready to depart on your word."

Far behind Traheran, you can spot a few Brigantes, including those you had 'recruited' from among King Aled's men. However, with them stood his eldest son, the big one, named Swryst. He frowns deeply upon seeing your return.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Seeing the son of King Aled causes some concern to Berwyn. He turns to Amblaib. "Brother, perhaps you should speak to this fellow. He has had some dealing with you, correct. I will be happy to stand beside you as a show of strength and unity."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Amblaib was in good spirits... well at least after the after effects of certain other spirits had a chance to exit his blood stream, but in general he was happy enough to walk up and down the travelling caravan, exchanging a jest or even playing a brief game with Angles and Britons both. He figured that whilst Bearnoch and Berwyn might be the rulers of the Angles, they'd all have to try and get along until they reached their destination and decided how they wished to merge these people into one. Who'd hold the throne and whom not could be decreed then, but not here.

His spirits are only lifted at the sight of his own people and the old bear, but when Berwyn notes the displeasure written all over Swyrsts face, a grimace comes upon his comely features.

"Indeed, I suppose I must, but I find it unlikely he will have much to say to our benefit." Pausing, he looks to the caravans,"Still... we might as well camp here for the night and be off on the morrow which should give us a chance to feel him for bumps."

Nudging his brother in jest, Amblaib heads to Swyrst, intent on gauging his mood and cause for being here.
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:58 am

Nuallan was his normal self during the trip. The majority of it had been by the side of his friend, now king, Amblaib. There were a few attempts to "speak" with the Angles but the language barrier proved too challenging on most occasions. The only excitement was the wolf attack and it had been driven off at the cost of a dozen sheep.

Now as they reached what remained of the Corieltauvi Nuallan went to greet his uncle Traheran, "Greetings uncle!" He forearm shook the large (by comparison) man, "It seems the Corieltauvi are to become one with the Angles. Who would've thought we'd see the day." Nuallan was curious to the man's thoughts on the matter. He had viewed him as a father figure and always sought his council on important matters.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Bearnoch spends the trip with Berwyn, helping to translate between Briton and Angle and trying to gauge her people to try and keep any resentments or jealousy from arising.
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:30 pm

Rhedyn frowns at the sight of Swryst. "Well, now, what is he doing here? I thought we were done with King Aled. He looks displeased--it may be the sight of the Angles with us, it may be something else." She accompanies Amblaib to deal with the brute. She will let the king do most of the talking, but she is prepared to advise him if necessary.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Trahaern looks at Rhedyn and over to the others. "They own this place now, or don't you remember?"

Swyrst nods to Amblaib as he approaches. "Your Saxons I see." He turns and spilts. "I am King here now. And I have not given you permission to make camp here. I gave him," he ways at Trahaern, "Rights to clean your things out and prepare to leave when you returned. And here you are."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:51 pm

"Does yon father, may the gods bless him, stand dead then?" Amblaib challenges back, already realizing this Swyrst would have them march through the night if he could,"Or stand you the king of this land only, owing allegiance to him, then?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:58 pm

"My father bestowed it upon me to govern it for him. Making me a King." Swyrst gives Amblaib a deep scowl. "Is that a problem? No, good. It is not buisness of yours anyway. You are southerners consorting with Saxons. Be on your way."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:10 pm

"Ah, then you stand -not- the king of the Brigantes, then?" Amblaib continues, having decreed on this road and not really caring how things went from now on. This impudent idiot did not even stand full king, and yet had the temerity to order about a king, a queen and a prince of both realms. He was quite certain he could wrangle the laws of hierarchy here to his advantage, especially if his aunt played along when needed.

"-I- however stand a King of the Corieltauvi and here stands Queen Bearnoch of the Angles. We wish to discuss this matter with yon liege further, as it is beneath -our- royal dignity to wrestle in the... mud with vassals and go betweens. Be a dear and send a rider for yon father then."