Chapter 2: Making a New Home

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 2: Making a New Home

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Rhedyn looks to Bearnoch and says, "Aye, I think you will do us more harm than good coming with us. Indeed, Gwrgi may decide just to slit your throat and call it a day. If he has such hostility towards his fellow Britons, think what he will feel towards an Angle. I'm not even sure we should tell him we have Angles in our company--we'll have to play that by ear."

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:03 am

"Very well," Bearnoch says, a bit stiffly. "I will stay and lead my people. But if we are attacked, don't expect me to stay in the back of the fighting just to protect my people's leadership. If I did that, I would lose all respect that my people may have for me."
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:44 am

Berwyn places his hand on his wife's shoulder. "I would sooner expect the sun to fail to shine than for you to fail to lead our people's defense. I would trust no other more than I trust you for that task. If all goes well, then there will be no need for fighting. Know this my queen, I shall do my utmost to hasten my return and take arms by your side, should the need arise. I pray only that you don't rush headlong into danger needlessly. Our people need you and I need you."

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:03 am

Rolling his eyes at the lovebirds, Amblaib pulls his aunt into a hug and kisses her forehead as a farewell.

"Just come back, aye? No heroics from you neither. Get in, give the gifts, get permission and get out... and if it looks to be going to the hells just get out."
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Rhedyn chuckles at Amblaib's words. "Oh, don't worry, your majesty, that's just what I planned on doing." She turns to Berwyn and says, "Come. Let us bid our farewells and be on our way--the sooner we are done with King Gwrgi the better."

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:11 am

Nuallan slapped his uncle on the shoulder, "If they get anywhere near the caravan we'll send them running," Nuallan gave a wicked smile, "minus a few limbs of course." With Ironhew, Nuallan helped gather a force of fighting men and began the crucial task of protecting the vulnerable rear of the caravan.

Speaking with Kings and bringing gifts were best done by royalty and Rhedyn. Bringing steel to the throat and stomach of the enemy was Nuallan's specialty.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Nuallan and Traharen take control of the rearguard of the caravan that now lumbers through the Darkwood. Bearnoch says her goodbyes to her husband as he and his aunt depart for a dangerous task. The Angle Princess, along with the Briton King, lead their people forward into uncertainty buy away from a pincer of death coming from King Aled and his son's treachery.

Prince Dewyr remains by King Amblaib's side but frowns with the going of Berwyn and Rhedyn. "That is a dangerous task," he says aloud, "I will pray to the gods give them fortune."

The first few hours see the caravan slow significantly. Dewyr was correct, the caravan can make this trip, but the woman and children are having a difficult time with the terrain and the general lack of rest over the last day. There is still no sign of King Aled's attack, but Amblaib and Bearnoch will jointly need to decide to press forward or rest for the night.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:49 am

Bearnoch rides up to Amblaib, "King Amblaib, the night grows dark and the people are exhausted. Perhaps it would be better to find an easily defensible location and rest until the light returns. We will be in danger either way, and if we rest, then we will spend less time on King Gwrgi's land, as the people will be able to make better time."
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Amblaib does his best not to sigh at Bearnoch, remembering that that road has indeed been long and weariness took to no issue with attacking even the highborn and rulers.

"I would advise against that." He notes,"We already had a defensible position with preparations made for our defenses, but chose to abandon them in favour of avoiding the Brigantes. Should we settle for the night now, only scant hours later we would likely still be found and be worse off defenses wise than we were before choosing this path. I would advise we bear this burden and keep moving. Hopefully by midday tomorrow we will be far from Brigantes territory and able to give pause."
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Bearnoch considers Amblaibs words, "True enough. I suppose this decision was already made when we left our previous camp, although that will not help the people nor give them strength in their fatigue. But they will continue on. I will go among them to encourage them with the prospect of a long rest tomorrow."