Chapter 2: Making a New Home

In Keltia, you are one of the heroes of the Dark Ages in the time of Arthur, when Britain was still a land of legends. Take part in the great battles sung of by the bards. Travel from the court of kings to the boundaries of the Island of Beli the Great, perhaps even enter the mists of the Otherworld. Maybe you will witness the end of the time of legends and the arrival in history of the greatest hero of Britain that will ever be: Arthur Pendragon.

You may be a clan warrior, a druid, a bard or a mage. Myrddin the Elder may guide you to search for the forgotten gods, hidden treasures and conspiracies to foil, taking you to the darkest forests, the mists of enchanted isles and haunted cairns. The bards will sing of your feats for centuries to come.

Run by GM TetNak
Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Re: Chapter 2: Making a New Home

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 am

"Then so be it." Amblaib nods to Nuallan and Dewyr, agreeing on their course of action,"Let us hasten to camp and get the people moving."

As the trio begin to trudge back, something in the back of his mind tickles at him... t'was as if his aunt had spoken to him many miles from here, but that would've been impossible, right?
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:11 pm

As Rhedyn waits uneasily for the others to return, she turns and gazes into the sky and attempts to glean from the flight of the birds any hints she can about their approaching foe that might help them in the coming battle.
Awen: Cast Read Omens. Increase time from 3 combat rounds to 3 minutes for a +10 bonus.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Rhedyn looks to the birds as she peers into the future and distant-present. She sees two forces set upon her people from the north and south. Dewyr is certainly not lying about what is coming. Her vision seems clouded by uncertainty and something that tugs at her that suggests danger in any direction they take.

Meanwhile, the scouts return to the caravan. Nuallan and Ironhew have the warriors at the ready, and Berwyn and Bearnoch have the caravan mustered and all but ready to depart.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:46 pm

"Lets get moving." Amblaib notes to the gathering of his closest advisers and blood relatives,"The route stands clear for now, and should with some work bear all of us to safety."

"That said." He continues,"Aunt, would you mind terribly heading on ahead to parley with King Gwrgi? I would not wish to catch him unawares with our crossing."
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Rhedyn nods and says, "Aye, that makes sense. But be wary. I performed an augury--danger approaches us from all directions, not just the one Dewyr warned us of. I do not know what the other dangers are, though I suppose one of them could be a wrathful King Gwrgi. He may want some sort of payment, if we are lucky just a token one, if not something more substantial, for passing through his realm. We should look and see what we have that I might present to him as a gift. And consider what we can afford to give away for safe passage."

Rhedyn looks through what remains of the wealth of Hyllr for a suitable gift for Gwrgi.
Can I make a Traditions roll to pick out a gift suitable for one of Gwrgi's rank--or, perhaps more importantly, his perception of his own rank?

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:35 am

Nuallan nods to Amblaib, "We'll keep the caravan's rear free from attack my liege." Nuallan had fought well against the Wild Hunt. He was prepared to fight again to give his King and people a chance at surviving the night.

Nuallan relayed what he had seen on the most recent scouting mission to his uncle. After he finished he asked Ironhew, "Uncle, what do you think? Where should we lay in wait?"
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:58 pm

The old warchief rubs his chin. "We are in a tough spot. North and south, plus they will likely send people around to the east at the very least. They want to flank us as well as we as pinch us from the north and south." He looks as the caravan begins to start moving into the woods and away from the road.

"We have two choices, wait here and fight them off our rear, or take the fight to them. If we attack, we will be split, but it might give them pause from continuing their attack without scouting and such. Those forces that bring the fight to these bastards, well, survival isn't likely."

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Berwyn thinks aloud for a moment. "Perhaps we can set a trap of our own. A group of men could engage them and lead them into the forest away from our route, then ambush them or even light the trees ablaze to trap them and hinder their progress?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Ironhew nods, "Could work. We'd need two groups, but a quick, fast assault might trick them into following us. We will have less men, so we will be able to manuever quicker I'd hope." He shrugs, "Either way, my King ... Kings, I will lead one of our groups. If I die, I'm old. Let others enjoy their youth. Plus, I'm not sure I want to live in any colder weather than this." He laughs slightly and rests his hand on Nuallan's shoulder.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Rhedyn approaches Berwyn and Bearnoch. "I plan to bring a gift of some sort to King Gwrgi in hope of easing his anger with us for crossing his lands. Since the Angles are crossing with us, it would be the honorable thing if I could bring gifts from you as well. I don't know that I'll tell Gwrgi that we have Angles with us--I'll play that by ear--but the more we can show honor to him, the less likely he is to attack the lot of us."