Welcome to Akarian Dawn

The OOC forum for the Akarian Dawn: Shadows of an Empire game.
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Welcome to Akarian Dawn

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:17 am

:D

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Sorry guys, this has been a while coming. I don't know what it is, maybe the system, maybe the setting, maybe just me being a moody GM, but I think I'm done here.

I know I know we were going to get interesting or something, but I don't know, I can't get into it. I love the setting, or maybe I loved the setting back when it was made 20 years ago. Its nothing you guys did, (except for those terrible puns of Vic).

I think its time I just give up here and let it go. On a high note it will give me more time and energy for my other Miscellaneous games! Yeah.

Sorry, I HATE to let a game die.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:36 pm

That is unfortunate. I liked Vic, but I too have to admit I was feeling a bit uninspired by the 5e system.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:00 pm

That's too bad. I was enjoying the game, the setting, my character, and interacting with the other characters. I like D&D 5E, but I suspect some of that's nostalgia, since D&D is the system I gamed and it's nice to play in a version that's well crafted and fixed most of the problems I had with other editions--but, yeah, it wouldn't be my first choice of systems.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 pm

If Muskrat you'd like to take over at GM (or anyone) feel free! I would be happy to pass the reigns.

Sorry, I just couldn't get into the system, it felt like a lot to read in the books for not a lot of pay off. I do like my setting from back in the days, maybe some other time. This is the.... 3rd I think game we've tried in this, maybe its just past its day.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:23 am

If nobody takes over, can you spoil the active story plots for us?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Well the basic idea was...

Explore this old temple to an ancient evil spirit that had been hiding out for centuries since the Dark Spawn had come and taken over. It was rising to power now that they were gone. Cultists and stuff. Faruk was working with then, brainwashed, etc,. You'd uncover some dark secret, battle some sinister foes of old, and likely be spurred on further to the east to find out more.

I didn't have it planned out too much more than that.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:54 pm

Cool. I was hoping Faruk would somehow get turned back to the side of good. Not sure why, but Garoth seemed to have been a bit more optimistic about her return to good side than otherwise.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Its possible that defeating the dark spirit would break its hold on folks, so perhaps she could have been redeemed. I unfortunately sort of lost my spirit in this and didn't plan things out as far as I have in other games.

Well off to the graveyard.