Mage: Ascension War OOC forum.

Moderator: ManWithDoor

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Re: OOC Discussions

Post by Hermit » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:52 am

I initially believed that our characters should have a more proactive role in this Council Meeting, however after reading Muskrat's thoughts on the matter (in addition to some further contemplation of my own), I find myself agreeing with the notion of letting things play out in the form of a cut scene with our characters as spectators as well. As Muskrat pointed out, this would underline the fact that despite our contributions we're still only minor players in the grand scheme of things whose actions affect the outcome only slightly at best.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Thank you all!!! :) You're always so supportive and helpful. I've Posted the next scene, moving on to the Council Meeting. Welcome back to the active Game.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:47 am

I didn't want to throw anything in out of left field as I'm waiting in the wings to join. But I like the interactive cutscene choice. Who knows, you may notice something new at the council meeting that might give you another story hook, or lead into the next chapter.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Certainly will have *someone* new there. :) Someone who will become an integral part of the story come next Chapter!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:36 pm

Hmmm.... not sure the @ symbol is doing Notifications anymore after the Update. I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually. Unless it is working, but it doesn't change the interface in the Post itself. Let me know if you get a ping from either post:
@Karstil
@RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:30 am

Nope, nothing that says "X mentioned you in a post"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:47 pm

I think Shurijo specifically noted it as one of the broken features.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:46 am

added profile picture to my debut post

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:10 am

Hey all! Thanks for the wonderful posts. Loving the creativity and effort put into every word. Really inspires me to up my game as a GM.

First, I promise to have a Post up tomorrow right after work. It'll be my first priority when I get home.

Second, I would really appreciate it if I haven't posted within a couple days of you all going, that you follow up with me. PM, Discord message, whatever. Those little nudges can really help me get over my whole cyclical problem of:
1) Get behind on a Post
2) Anxiety over letting everyone down
3) Guilt about the delay, exacerbating the Anxiety
... start endless spiral

Even a simple check-in or hello helps a bunch. I know it may sound rather silly, but it does help me, and I want to be seriously engaged in this Campaign.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Sure, I'll nudge you a little bit.
He turns his gaze towards the new group, ready or not. His serious face slowly softens with a broad smile, his formal authority earlier becoming friendly and welcoming.
It looks like someone took my post after this to be my "introduction" but I read this as directed at Dexter, Pixel, and Ulrich. If the Primus is including Ray, I can jump in and say something. I've picked a shadowname finally.