Character Creation

Mage: Ascension War OOC forum.

Moderator: ManWithDoor

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:41 pm

I would like to keep the Character Creation and rules nice and simple. So unless anyone objects, I will be using the "20th Anniversary Edition" of Mage: The Ascension. That way I don't have to decouple the nWOD rules with the mythos.

If you are new to the Mage System, please only propose creating a character from the Nine Traditions or an Orphan. If you're a more veteran player, feel free to talk to me if you really want to explore something more eclectic, but please understand if I veto your choice. Mage is a world of great possibility, but having a secret demon-worshipping Nephandus as a PC trying to sabotage the party efforts likely would quickly implode the game.

I will be keeping the Metaplot at what it was with 1st Edition (for those of you familiar with such things). Powerful strongholds of magickal traditions still stand strong (looking at you, Doisettep and Horizon). The Avatar Storm never existed (so you can still travel between Worlds without being killed). I'll go more into the current politics / struggles as I get the IC threads formed.

I may do some quick Prologues to help people get a handle on their character and the System, if you'd be interested in that. Then a small time-jump where I'm going to give you a bolus of EXP so you aren't rank Neophytes, then the main campaign will start up.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

OptimusReim
Level 3
Level 3

Character Creation

Post by OptimusReim » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:56 pm

I will gladly take a prologue to get familiar with the system, since this will be my first Mage game.

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Great! I can definitely set that up. Do you have access to the Sourcebook? If not, I can help you get ahold of it.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Character Creation

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:25 pm

I'm up for the prologue too. Still have no idea what kind of character I wanna play. Will look for the book tonight. Is there a copy in the Eldritch Hold? ;)
A.K.A. Tvrod.

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Not sure what the Eldritch Hold is. Lol. Is that the successor to the old Imperial Library?

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Character Creation

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:06 pm

If you don't have it, you might find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5uktqd11fr0l ... k.pdf?dl=0
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Character Creation

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:11 pm

OptimusReim wrote:I will gladly take a prologue to get familiar with the system, since this will be my first Mage game.
I second that.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:17 pm

Hayabusa wrote:
OptimusReim wrote:I will gladly take a prologue to get familiar with the system, since this will be my first Mage game.
I second that.
I'll third that motion, seeing as I'm in similar straits regarding this particular theme of WoD.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:52 pm

Hermit wrote:
Hayabusa wrote:
I second that.
I'll third that motion, seeing as I'm in similar straits regarding this particular theme of WoD.
4!
I've got the book already. I was reading the nWoD one and found the magic system interesting. I'm finding the oWoD, 20th anniversary version, way more complicated, but maybe I just need some getting used to it.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:08 am

Prologues are always good.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name