Character and Rule Chatter

The OOC Forum for the Arkham Nights game,
MisterJuan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MisterJuan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Thanks for having me! I'll try to do the character justice :)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Guys, we are in the last scene (maybe 2?) and then this game is ending. I would hope that you guys could post AT LEAST 1 time a week here. What gives?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:42 pm

So we are nearing the end of things, the climax as you can likely tell.

I'm curious about a few things. Now you can wait till we are done, but....

Thoughts on the game? (System, Telling of it, general enjoyment)
Thoughts on continuing a CoC game? (Either brand new or continuation with fully made characters)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Here's my thoughts on the matter:

System's fairly solid and straightforward so no complaints there. As far as the telling of it, while this particular scenario didn't captivate me per se, I've seen and read enough Mythos material to know that the potential is nearly limitless as far as what kind of stories can be told in this setting.

The same can be said about the general enjoyment, which I will freely admit that my own sluggishness in posting was due to lack of interest (which to be clear is through no fault of anyone else but my own for my fickleness in mood for which I'm very sorry for causing any hold ups or problems because of this), but get the right people and the right mindset and thrills and chills abound.

As for continuing a CoC game, while I greatly enjoy Lovecraft's works and the like, currently my attentions are on other game settings at the moment, so unfortunately if such a thing were to come to pass, I'm afraid I would have to decline in participating, which would be for the best since it would be counterintuitive to have someone involved in a game when their heart and commitment isn't fully into it.

That said I see no reason for Call of Cthulhu to not continue being played on these forums. My only suggestion would be to either get a dedicated bunch of members who are committed to the play-by-post format or go the route of live sessions (if you need an example of a well run Call of Cthulhu session, I highly recommend looking up a user on youtube by the name of Kikoskia who has ran a number of highly entertaining live sessions in the past).
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Well folks, the game has come to an end. Two of the player characters managed to survive and a fair number of NPCs as well. I enjoyed running it, I know it was Survival Horror and not so much mystery, but it I think that worked great for a One Shot. I would like to hear additional thoughts from the other players on what you liked and didn't like.

I won't be running another CoC any time soon, but would happily play in one. Eventually the bug might bite me again and I'll try it again if there is interest.

Thanks to everyone that played!