Act I - Scene 2

Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small time capers gone disastrously wrong – inspired by films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably all go south in a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might end up back where he started.

Moderator: Wbweather

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:09 pm

LIfe hadn't been all that good to Billy. He'd had a rough childhood with no dad and his mom one step shy of a whore. But he'd managed to do okay for himself in the end. Playing a piano at a saloon weren't the most respectable of jobs. But then, he weren't the most respectable of people either. He had a room over the saloon, and he met lots of fine people at the saloon. He could be doing a lot worse.

Of course, he might be doing a lot better too, From what Joe had said, there was $2000 that said he might be doing a whole hell of a lot better. And he aimed to get a piece of that wealth. Not to share with Joe. He'd thought that Joe was different from the others; that he understood what it was to be different. But ever since that weekend, he'd been more standoffish, more afraid that he'd lose his job as deputy. That weren't right. Not after what they'd done.

No, he was gonna get that money for him. Maybe use it to run off to New Orleans where he'd heard that a guy like him might live more easily. So it is that he heads off to the flophouse he knows his dad stays at when he's in town, a bottle of rotgut in his hand. He whistles a quiet tune as he goes, stopping only when he gets to the door of his dad's room.

Kicking at the door, he calls out, "Mad Dog! It's Billy. I come ta talk."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Mad Dog McCree is passed out cold, face down, in a puddle of his own piss three whole feet from the bed he's rented here. In one hand he holds an empty bottle of booze, a few ants enjoying themselves from the spill, in the other is his six shooter. Anyone that inspects that piece will notice there is only 1 bullet it in, but its not the one lined up with the chamber. Mad Dog doesn't move or flinch when the door is kicked in, he just lays there drooling, his face pressed hard against the wooden floor, and the smell of his piss dominating the room.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:09 pm

"Get up dad!" Billy says as he walks into the room, giving Mad Dog a nudge with his foot. "I got more liquor for ya." He pops open the cork and dribbles a little on the man's face. "Better than that shit you had last night."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Mad Dog moans. The kick isn't enough to wake him and the dribbling booze on his face not enough either, not at first. After a few minutes he finally reaches over and rubs his face and wakes up slowly, "Fuck off!" He grabs his head with his other hand as he yells and the hang over he is sporting alerts him to the volume of his own voice.

He lays there a moment longer and licks his face, drool and booze and whatever else is on his face before he pulls himself up to a slump, his right hand groping for his six shooter. "Do that again and I'll shoot you..." he still has no idea who is in his room.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:29 pm

"You'd shoot your own kin?" Billy says. "The man who brought you the hair of the dog?" He offers the hung-over sot the bottle he brought.

"I was talkin' with someone yesterday and talk came 'round to you. Made me think we haven't kept up enough. Made me think it was time we talked again." He flops down on the lone rickety chair in the room. "So tell me what's new with you, 'sides the drink you had last night."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Wiping the blur from his eyes Mad Dog focuses in on the face of the boy. "Oh its you." With much effort he manages to get to his feet, then to the bed where he flops down on his back looking up a the ceiling with an arm over his eyes to shade out the light. "I killed two men last night, if that's what you are on about. Ain't no one going to miss them though, nor ever find their bodies." He tilts his head slightly to look at his boy. "What you here about really boy?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:20 pm

"I ain't here to get on your case about killin' a few people," Billy replies with a shake of his head. "But word is that you finally hit a big strike, finally got something worth keeping. I came by to see if you wanted to share some of the riches with your favorite son. Might make up for all those years of being a rotten dad." He pulls two shot glasses out of his pocket and fills both, offering one to Mad Dog.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Mad Dog holds his hand out, refusing the drink, his head is pounding just a little bit too much. "You want something from me son, then I want something from you. Names, names and occupations of those fine folks staying at your inn. Time tables too, better you don't ask why."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Billy shrugs when his pa refuses the drink, but then pours one for himself and downs it. "Yea," he says. "Best I don't ask why." And he shakes his head. "Names I can get you. Occupations too, in most cases. Can't say as I can tell you when they come and go, though. I ain't watchin' the doors day and night."

"But let's talk more about this 'something' I might get. What's in it for me?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:00 pm

"I'm expecting someone, and I need to know who's here and who ain't." He pours himself a glass of dirty water from the nearby pitcher and drinks it down. "Damn I need some coffee!" Then he grabs his head after shouting a bit too loud. "What do you want boy? Play catch with your old dad? Read you a bed time story? What do you want?"