Prologue: A Royal Proclamation, A Call to Arms!

The Battle of the Five Armies is over, Dale and Esgaroth have been rebuilt and a new King Under the Mountain sits on the throne of Erebor.

King Bard has issued a call to all adventurous folk, rallying them to his cause - to clear the lands of the north of all that would threaten the Free Peoples. Will you answer his call

Moderator: silverfoxdmt73

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Turning to the elf, Arn replies, "You'll not get any trouble from the Ranger, I can assure you of that - unless you bring your own."

"I have no idea if he would accompany you, that's for him and you to decide I would guess." He adds.

He looks over to Dobbin, still obviously a little embarrassed by his earlier mistaken assumption. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance Mr Woodbridge and my humble apology good Sir."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Torwald nods to the barkeep without glancing into the corner of the place. He turns to his companions that he's only just met and knows next to nothing about, just now learning the halfling's last name himself. "Perhaps I and Eofor should go and speak with our contact first, we can wave you over. I wouldn't want to spook him with so many out of towners converging on his table all at once." He motions for the barkeep to give him another drink, whatever Peregond likes to drink, and he puts it on the dwarf's tab.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bounder
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Bounder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Eofor's eyebrows rise at the gnarled wanderer's suggestion. He nods and follows Torwald to Peregond's table, his mind racing to remember social conventions of this new, strange place.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:40 pm

The man identified as Peregond by the barkeep is sat alone at a small table in a darkened corner of the taproom, drawing on a small clay pipe, a cloud of blueish smoke drifting out of the shadows before him.

As you approach, you see his eyes narrow and his free hand move out of sight. Before you reach the table you hear his voice, quiet yet steel edged. "Why don't you sit down and state your business gentlemen, you are about as subtle as a cave troll."

Omenstar
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Omenstar » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Dobbin returns to his stool. Obviously, the tall folk want to sort things out among themselves first, so he asks for another ale on Orin's tab. However, ever since the man, Peregond, was pointed out, the hobbit can't stop staring at his stupendously ugly nose... "No wonder he sits in a dark corner," Dobbin whispers to Orin, "Look at that nose! What do think happened to his face? Could he have been so unlucky as to be born like that?"
“Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you. Not Today. Good morning! But please come to tea – any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Good bye!” https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Torwald takes a seat moving into the far seat, "Only burglars and thieves are subtle, we are honest decent men with a writ from the Steward." Torwald sets the mug of ale down for the man at his table. "That's for you and so is this." He produces the document and lays it on the table, but never removes his hand. "We were directed to seek you out. I am Torwald and this is Eofor."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:31 pm

"Ah, not always the case. There are some with a noble aim that prefer to stay in the shadows too, for not all foe can be defeated by the direct approach." The man counters, "Some require guile and cunning to overcome." He smiles, taking the offered ale and looking to the unrolled scroll and back to Torwald and Eofor.

"I see the old fox Olvard has sent you my way." Peregond says, relaxing a little. "Well, I do have a task for you, if you are willing."

"Why don't you invite your friends over and we can discuss the matter properly?"

Bounder
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Bounder » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Eofor looks to the others by the bar and motions for them to join in the discussion at Peregond's table.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:50 pm

"Looks like a brawl." Orin opinions to Dobbin. The mans noise was quite misshapen, but he could see no cuts or bits missing so he figured it had either been forged in the shape from birth or then by blows from too many tavern brawls.

Noting that the blonde manling introduced as Eofor was motioning for them, Orin grabs his tankard and heads on over to the table, taking a seat with a studious glance at the man. A warrior by mannerism at least, with at least a dash of rogue. Maybe a misspent youth?
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Omenstar
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Omenstar » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:43 am

Dobbin turns to his new friend, the barkeep and says, "Well, Arm, looks like I'm late for the meeting. Cheers!" and he hops down from his stool once more and joins his new companions at the corner table.
“Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you. Not Today. Good morning! But please come to tea – any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Good bye!” https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing