Jade Regent Reboot

This is a place to discuss the distribution of loot in Trogdor's Jade Regent campaign
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:29 am

Okay, so here's the plan. Everyone make up characters using VGen and standard Pathfinder rules. Nothing too weird please. You'll be 3rd level characters who have a little back history that I'll narrate.

You'll start in Brinewall village, up in the far north of Varisia, where you will be looking to explore Brinewall Castle for a missing something from the the family of Ameiko Kaijitsu that's supposed to be hidden there. (You don't know what it is, only that it's the family's "greatest treasure.") You've traveled up north via caravan across the breadth of Varisia. More details will follow.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, or catch me on Discord.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:06 am

I know nothing about Jade Regent. Can you provide a high level description of the theme? I read the forum description (taken from adventure path), but I'm curious about the feel (swashbuckling, monks, etc.).

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:36 am

The theme, I suppose, is uncovering secrets and rebuilding what was lost against increasingly powerful opposition. It's no secret that the action will eventually take you to the "Oriental Adventures" part of Golarion (though it may take some time). But in the meanwhile, you can expect an increasing number of Eastern themes entering the game as time passes.

One overriding mechanic that will stay with you for a long time is that you are part of a caravan travelling to your final destination. There's a whole caravan subsystem, and it's a little bit like Kingmaker on the road.

Characters can be Western in nature or Eastern. Eastern characters will be harder to justify at first, but will really come into their own as time goes on. If ever there was a game to play a ninja or a samurai, this is it.

I don't want to go into too much detail. But that's a very high-level description. Does that give you some more enlightenment?

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:05 am

I was thinking Samurai, but with the lack of healing our party has.. :/ Lol

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Not everyone has spoken. We may get a healer yet...

There is an option for an NPC healer. I was more willing to go down that route when you were four. But now that it looks like we're up to five, I'm not so sure.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by Eilandor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:14 pm

I think I am going to go with a Monk.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm

So that gives us monk, fighter, and possibly a samurai. We'll need some magic and sneakiness in here too.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Oh, and Eil asked. so I'll confirm. It's standard wealth per level. You've passed through at least one large city on your way to Brinewall, so you could have outfitted yourselves pretty well.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:56 pm

I was hoping to just re-use my Summoner (Ander) from the initial run of the Campaign.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Jade Regent Reboot

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:14 am

Well if we have a Monk. Fighter, and Summoner, then I wont go Samurai. Skald should work well here. Herald of the Horn Archetype.