Chapter 1: Station

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Iseph can feel the heat from the laser fire his shields have absorbed to this point. "Can't take much more of that." Drawing his pistol, he leans over the rail, takes aim at one of the humans on the ladder. The operative quips as he squeezes the trigger, "Not so fast."
Swift: Draw TSAP
Full: Attack human on ladder
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 pm

The mechanic finds his statement to be prophetic, as he leans over the railing and beans one of the Mercs right in the shoulder. The man grunts with pain, and keeps on climbing.

The Shirren priest acts as if the hand of his Goddess guides his movement. He jumps over the railing with nary a thought, one hand grasping onto the vines of the Vat Garden, and glides gracefully to the ground. He then makes a flicking motion with his hand, and a brick flies towards the ghoul's face, and she has to duck to avoid the projectile.

Iseph is calm as the night, leaning over the edge with her pistol and firing without mercy at the big mercenaries trying to resist them. Her first bullet pierces the neck of the lead goon, and he falls to the side, almost dislodging his partner. Her second almost seems to magically weave through the tangling of torso and limb, and tears into the side of the second human. He barely seems coherent, his adrenaline the only thing keeping him moving.

Finally, Reia moves to act, having gotten over the shock of the unveiling of the undead's form. Two missiles of light burst forth from the Technomancer's hands, one each to the enemy. The human has clearly had enough, and passes out unconscious, falling on his already dead companion. The ghoul screams in pain, not looking too good herself.

"I surrender! I surrender!" The ghoul throws away her weapons, and draws her tongue back into her mouth. Exegara seems to have had enough.
Quig fires at Merc 1: 16 v KAC 12 = Hit! 2 Piercing damage.

Keshodai moves over the edge - Untrained Acrobatics at DC 15 = Natural 20! So lucky! You get down without any fall damage, and land on your feet. Standard - Telekinetic Projectile = 8 (miss).

Iseph = Full Attack!
"You can spend a full action to make two attacks, each with a –4 penalty to the attack rolls. These attacks can be made with the same weapon or different weapons, though certain weapons have a firing speed so slow that you can’t shoot them more than once in a round, even with a full attack. These weapons have the unwieldy special property (see page 182).
Certain weapons have special individualized full attacks. For instance, some weapons have a fully automatic attack mode. Sometimes special full attacks, such as the soldier’s onslaught class feature, require specialized training in order to gain their benefits."
1st Attack = 14 (hit) = 6 Damage to Merc #1 (Dead!)
2nd Attack = 20 (Crit!) Damn man, can you not crit??? = 7 Damage to Merc #2

Reia (playing for Trogdor) = Magic Missile. 1 each to Merc #2 and the Ghoul (auto-hit, 1d4+1 Force)
Merc #2 = 3 Damage (Dead!)
Ghoul = 2 Damage (Surrenders!)

Combat Over!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Quig quickly reloads as the ghoul surrenders, he doesn't trust it, with the gun reloaded he leans over the railing and trains his weapon on it ready to shoot if it tries something foolish. "Talk! Explain this!" Scout zooms around the room seeking any further hidden threats.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 01, 2018 8:55 pm

The ghoul hisses in defeat, making no moves to attack or run away. Her voice is hollow and disturbing, a parody of living tones and cadence. "Will explain anything you ask. What do you want? I was digging for skulls, no business of yours. Unless they were relatives you care about. Human skulls, so doubtful there, ysoki. You looked threatening, so I shot. Anyone smart would do that same, in these parts of the Station."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Quigg adjusts some of his things, "*I* looked threatening? Thank you." He looks at the others, "We are here looking for answers, not for dead relatives." He looks to the others, and whispers to them, "What were we doing again? I was...distracted at the pawn shop." He winks.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Exegara looks both confused and peeved. "Well, you've got guns on me. What do you want! Can't answer if I don't know the questions."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 02, 2018 6:46 pm

"Oh yes yes, answers to questions....Are you Exegara? Sold some Starfinder badges to a junker named Julzakama? We need info on where those badges came from." He wiggles his gun around to reminder her she's out gunned here.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed May 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Keskodai maintains a grim silence, his gaze unflinching at the grave-mocking abomination Quig holds at gunpoint. Chitin seems to grind as he clutches his staff ever tighter.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 pm

"Yes, yes, I'm Exegara. And damn that junker. Should have kept his mouth shut." She spits on the ground in disgust. "I was recently recruited into the Corpse Fleet, aboard a vessel called the Endless Threnody. We picked up a distress call from a Starfinder ship, and found it crashed on some desert planet. We picked up some goodies, and those insignias." She pauses, thinking for a bit. "Before we could get into the Drift to rejoin the Fleet, some damn pirates, on the Lawblight, attacked us and crippled the ship. We managed to get into the Drift before being destroyed, but the vessel is adrift. I was sent here to sell some treasure, and get materials to repair the ship."

She reaches into the pocket, pulls out a datapad, and throws it up to you. "There. It's got the location of my ship. No idea what the planet was named, or where it is. But I'm sure the Nav computer has the data."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Quig catches the data pad and holsters her gun and starts to tap away on it. He hacks into it and scrolls through the data looking for jump point, nav information, anything that might lead the group to the location of the crashed Starfinder ship and the planet the ghoul mentioned. "Hmmm, mmmm, hmmm..."

Scout buzzes about over his head looking over his shoulder taking vids and images of the screen as backup.