Chapter 1: Station

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 03, 2018 10:19 pm

The ghoul had unlocked the datapad, so Quig has free access to the contents. It is as she said. All she has documented is the current location in the Drift of the Endless Threnody, and a list of repair components and supplies she's supposed to acquire. It wasn't loaded with anything on the Starfinder ship or navi-computer data.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

"Well?" He holds it up for the others to see, "You guys awake, or sleeping with your eyes open?" Scout buzzes around the room, the ratman is impatient and ready to get out of this creepy area.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon May 07, 2018 4:53 pm

"Do we have what we need?"

Keskodai's gaze has not left Exagara. The compounded eyes of the shirren priest shine with unequivocal hatred - an answer in the negative will no doubt spell doom for the creature.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 07, 2018 4:55 pm

"It says where their ship was or is, maybe that's enough to get to our missing Starfinder ship?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Iseph holsters his pistol as the threat has subsided. The android quips, "I'm always awake, although it can be hard to tell at times." Examining the data pad over Quig's shoulder, "Looks like we need to get to the Endless Threnody. First, I imagine the Venture-Captain will want to hear of this."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 08, 2018 7:40 pm

"I don't know about you, but if he wants us to fly off and find it, I'm going to need a ship to do that on." The ratman tucks the data pad away, he keeps it without even thinking. "Is that it then, should we do something about that thing?" He points at the ghoul.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 08, 2018 8:43 pm

At this point a small group of Ysoki peek around a corner. After seeing you, they run up and surround you, offering you thanks. They speak too fast for everyone else to understand, but Quig can understand his people just fine. They're the family that operates this Vat Garden, and ran away scared when the undead and the armed guards walked in. They're space farmers, not soldiers. They excitedly push some strange looking roots into your hands in thanks, and make angry fists at the ghoul below.

The comm line opens, and you hear the measured voice of the Venture-Captain once again. "Arvin here. What's the news?"
You each get two plant bulbs that act as a Tier-1 Antitoxin. Also to save time, when you search the ghoul and the mercenaries, you find a bunch of weapons and a couple cred sticks. Unless someone is wanting a new weapon (options are - Azimuth Laser Pistol, or melee Assault Hammer), after you sell everything everyone gets 200 credits each.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue May 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Pharasma's nearest follower looks at the ghoul, conflicted.

"You have given us what we needed. Your usefulness is at an end. The Mother of Graves is revolted each moment you walk among us."

The shirren lowers his staff. When he speaks again, there is no uncertainty.

"But I cannot destroy you like this, helpless and surrendered. My son must learn the choice of mercy."

Turning away, Keskodai moves to the ladders.

"If I see you again, the Crypt Lords themselves will not block me from destroying you. Begone."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm

"Quig chitters and chatters with the others, he explains later on what the roots are to the group. Then he turns to him companions, "Make it leave! Make the Ghoul go away from here. This is not its home, or business." He points his gun at the ghoul, "Go go go! You go, you never come back or we blast you. Also thank you for information."

Then the comm opens up and the Venture Captain's voice is there, "We found information." He then, as fast as his people do, tells Arvin all that they found out.
I pocket the loot/sell it for credits. Sheet updated

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 14, 2018 5:21 pm

The wounded ghoul slinks away without further comment, keeping her milky-white eyes firmly on Keshodai's staff until she is able to turn a corner and run away. Her wounds don't seem to inconvenience her like they would a living being.

The Starfinder officer listens intently to Quig, not having any trouble keeping up with the Ysoki's fast speech. After all, he hired one of them as his secretary, so he's not exactly inexperienced there. He grunts in surprise that you let the undead leave. "Interesting choice. I'm liking to moral fiber of you people more and more. Most people would simply kill an Eoxian on sight, especially finding out she was likely a raider. If you stay on board long-term, there might be a real place for you in the Starfinders."

He finishes listening intently to the rest of your findings. "Well, you did your job. You picked up the insignias, and found the one who sold them. I'm wiring over your reward to your accounts now. Go get some rest, and stop by my offices first thing in the morning to hand over the insignias. If any of you are willing to take another job, let me know at that time. Obviously, it will be to take on the task of hunting down this raider ship. I won't lie, it will be dangerous work, even more than fighting a ghoul and a couple mercs. Your choice, of course. The Starfinder Society thanks you for your service regardless."

The group is left to decide what each of them desires to do. They don't have to worry about the mercenary bodies, however. After they looted them for valuables, the Ysoki vat gardeners take the fresh bodies and bury them in the soil, recycling them as so many bodies before them have been so treated.
Everyone gets an additional 100 credits as a Quest Reward. If you're still interested, do some shopping and a bit of RP on your reaction to this Quest, and we'll move on to the next chapter. I think we've lost a couple PCs along the way. As long as a few of you are still interested, I'll try to rope in another player to fill out the group.