Chapter 2: Endless Thredony

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 pm

The three of you continue your approach to the Loreseeker. It isn't a large ship by any means, but an Explorer ship. Economical, efficient, and over-armed for a normal ship its size. You suppose that it could be run at full capacity by perhaps seven people, with space left over for cargo or passengers. With Scout scanning from above, Quig can see that the crew are all humans. A pair of bulky fellows are manhandling a pallet of ammo on board, likely for the turreted coilgun. Farther on Scout detects another leaning back against the hull, smiling at all the hard work being performed. That one seems to be supervising the refueling, and that's more or less automated.

A short, stocky character barks out orders for the big guys to be careful, and continues the external inspection of the gun mounts. The drone does a fly-by, and catches sight of the man's nametag - "Barkley". He looks up at Scout, then narrows his eyes and begins looking around. Given the oddity of the trio, he doesn't have a hard time picking you out of a crowd. He makes a last check on his list, then turns away from the ship and waves at you three to come on over.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Scout reports in, and Quig comments on what he sees to the others.

Then the drone returns to hover for Quig as the trio arrives before the ship. "Reporting in!" shouts the rat man.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:45 pm

Jalesh looks over the ship on the dock "seems like a solid boat." Jalesh grabs his rucksack and moves to follow Barkley into the ship. Stopping next to Quig Jalesh drops his bag by his side, and looks at the eager looking Ysoki, "You seem ready to go, i like that."
I think my post from yesterday disappeared, weird

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:11 pm

"I don't get paid for standing around here! Plus the sooner we leave the sooner we get there." He shrugs and then double checks a pocket a smile on his face when he pulls out a hunk of...protein. Some sort of food you guess. He gobbles it down.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:15 pm

"Quig's spirit is a sure antidote to lethargy."

Keskodai's tone probably indicates affectionate teasing. His son and their worldly goods in hand, he moves to follow Barkley and the others.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Jalesh looks at the Ysoki gobbling down something that he took out of his pocket mentally questioning that decision, "i guess pocket food is as good as any food", he quips . Picking up his bag and turning to follow Barkley along side the cleric. "He sure seems energetic" Jalesh remarks towards Keskodai.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Th rat man hears Jalesh and holds out the last bite of... IT. "Oh yes, quite good, quite good, you want some? Take it, go ahead." His tale is swinging side to side as he strides for the main loading airlock of the ship.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Jalesh looks at the rat man, "that's alright, thanks." Walking next to the Ysoki Jalesh asks "You guys worked together before right? Anything i should know about you two work together?"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:15 pm

"Quig is quick, clever, and eager to assess a situation entirely. Scout provides a different perspective, as well as backup in a pinch."

His mandibles shift into what the generous observer might assume is a smile. Keskodai shrugs. His tone remains pleasant as he continues.

"Myself, I prefer to support my allies with healing. Save against the undead, cursed of the Vast, whose destruction Pharasma commands."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Barkley catches the end of the conversation as you walk up, and raises an eyebrow. "A priest, eh? Probably not a bad idea, especially going up against these Corpse Fleet freaks." He shivers, then slaps the hull of the ship with a sharp bark of a laugh. "Well, at least we can give 'em the old one-two, am I right? This baby's loaded for bear." He looks up at the Vesk, and blinks. "On the other hand, you might be able to scare any bear into running the other way."

He waves his hand for you to follow, heading for the ramp up into the ship. "By the way, the name's Barkley. I run this little ship. Up to you if you bother to even learn who anyone else is. You're clearly Professionals hired for a job, not new crew to get oriented. Get in, do the job, get out. Easy as pie."

He leads you all into the interior. It's a bit cramped, with the handful of crew passing along not quite wide enough corridors. He points out the general layout, and points out the important places - cockpit, lavatory, escape pod - and shows you to your quarters. "Sorry for the amenities, but this is an Explorer ship, not a Cruiser. But don't worry, you don't have to share bunks." He grins.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."