Chapter 3: The Unbounded Wayfarer

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:52 am

The Venture-Captain doesn't seem fazed by the hard line on compensation. "Well, I'm certainly open to hearing more of the harrowing adventure. As I said before you were sent out to hunt the Endless Thredony, I was offering 1000 credits for ending that menace, with a raise to 3000 per person if you tracked down the Unbounded Wayfarer herself. That had sounded more than fair to each of you." He nods to the newcomer. "And assuming that your new friend here was part of the expedition, I see no reason not to include him in the recompense."

He calls over his secretary and the ysoki man pours out some drinks for each of you, then goes back to his desk. Arvin takes his own in hand and starts sipping it. "When last we spoke you had mentioned a new menace about the Endless Thredony, some sort of ... super undead? Activated after you found some encrypted information. What has happened since then? What of the Starfinder ship you were tasked with finding?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Quig is happy enough to take the money offered, he honestly had forgotten what the deal was, it seemed so long ago that it was made. So he takes his credits and counts them, each one, one by one, which on a credit stick doesn't really take all that long, but he's just odd and ignores the whole undead question for the moment.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Jalesh eyes the venture-captain, making sure to show his displeasure with the end result of the deal, he takes the credit chip and puts it away. "So what's next?" Jalesh opens his arms in a cynical shrug at his own question.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:58 am

Zindfal seems truly caught off guard when offered compensation by the Venture-Captain. "My compensation is unnecessary, Honored Venture-Captain. I have already been paid with my rescue and safe transit back to civilization." Zindfal bows deeply toward Arvin. "I am not sure it would be fair for me to also accept your generous offer."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:58 pm

"Wrong! Take credits, take take take!" Quig jumps up and pokes the four armed Zindfal in the side, then whispers in his ear, "You give it to us as thank you if you really no want it." He nods and smiles at everyone.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Jalesh can't help but smile at Quig's enthusiasm, "Friend I think you should reconsider, take the money, you might have just joined but it is not as of you did not help."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:54 pm

"Starting life over in Absalom Station won't be cheap, Zindfal. Take the money."

Keskodai is pragmatic, the archetypal dad.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Bit by bit the Venture-Captain gets a pretty complete idea of what went down since last they departed Absalom Station. The logbook of the Unbounded Wayfarer and the high-security encrypted data stolen from the Undead are handed over, completing all that was promised, and more. The Starfinder leader looks very pleased, and is happy to hand over the credits that everyone is quickly tucking away. "Thank you again, each of you." He pushes aside a dataslate on his desk, leaning forward. "Would anyone be interested in working further with the Starfinder Society in the future?"
I'll assume you brief him on what went down in Chapter 3. Finding the ship, rescuing Zindfal, retrieving the Logbook from the Starfinder computer, the major points. Then exploding the shark-motif pirate ship, ending the menace that started this whole chain of events in the first place.

Check out the OOC Thread for talk about the future!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."