Chapter 3: The Unbounded Wayfarer

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Jalesh raises an eyebrow at the odd comment and can't help but grin at the man. "We are as real as we can get." With that Jalesh slightly lowers his rifle but not enough to not get a shot off if necessary.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 pm

The Kasatha steps back allowing the party to enter into the ship unhindered. While the unmistakable twinkle of joy is in his eyes the tone of his voice remains unchanged. "Yes of course, please come in. These storms can be quite deadly to the ill prepared."

Once the party has entered and secured the door The Kasatha turns to them placing the pointer and middle fingers of his two top hands in the center of his forehead as he executes a graceful bow, his bottom arms sweeping backward as he bows. "I am Zindfal Jan Jal, Goltu of Clan Harrid, House Vreyum, Blooded of Tilmus" with the bow complete he adds "You may call me Zindfal. I am the survivor of a wreck, but not this one. My ship crashed here..." he pauses clearly trying to work out how long he has been stranded "a handful of months ago, I believe. I arrived at this ship less than a standard half hour before you. Was your ship shot down by pirates as well? I have not had time to explore this wreck but I have hope there will be sufficient supplies to sustain us until help arrives."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm

"No no, no shooting, we are rescue party come to salvage and save."

The rat man can't help but envy the extra arms of the Kasatha Zindfal, so many wonderful things could Quig do with an extra set of arms. "Well you need help, we can help, price isn't much, sure you can afford it."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Jalesh slings his rifle over his shoulder once again and formally greets Zindfal. "Jalesh Ishet-Rodamn", he says with a respectful bow.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 pm

"Keskodai."

The shirren priest offers a hand to shake.

"We're the help. We have arrived."

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Lathandris » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:01 am

Zindfal lowers his eyes as Quig speaks. When Zindfal responds the joy in his eyes has finally leaked into his tone of voice. "I do not have much of value, Honored Ysoki, but I am a capable combatant and my word is my bond. If you and your companions will help me leave this forsaken planet, I give you my word that I will faithfully support your efforts until we agree that my debts are paid."

Zindfal turns to Jalesh, bowing his head at the greeting "It is an honor to meet you, Jalesh Ishet-Rodamn."

He then grasps Keskodai's offered hand bowing his head in a similar manner as he did to Jalesh "It is an honor to meet you, Keskodai. This is a human greeting, is it not? Have I responded appropriately?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Quig nods, "Four Arms in my debt? Good-good, deal!" He then gives Zindfal a sudden high five on two of his hands before anyone really realizes what the little rat man is doing. He then moves beyond the greetings and starts to look around up and down the area, and attempts to locate a computer panel he can hack into to check the status of the ship.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:52 pm

The arrival of the storm can be heard outside, just minutes after you close and seal the outer hatch. The ship is made of hard and heavy metal, so the storm winds can merely beat upon the hull futilely. For however long this is going to last, you are safe.
Role-play a bit more if you want. I'll post on Tuesday (after the 3-day weekend) chronicling what you find as you search the place.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Lathandris » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:48 pm

"What do we search for? How may I help?" Zindfal's mote of light lazily orbits the peak of his head.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:01 pm

The Starfinder agents successfully socialize with this poor, unfortunate soul. This planet seems to have marooned multiple ships over its lifetime, and if the Loreseeker hadn't safely made its landing then Zindfal would have been yet one more deadly statistic. The hostility of this world is evident as the four explore the ship. Although the outside looks somewhat alright, it was a false impression. Internal support structures and power couplings are cleaved through, and are beyond repair without the aid of a spacedock. This ship will never fly again.

Seven desiccated bodies of various races are found huddled together in the galley. A quick search shows no food or water left on the ship. While the Eoxians did find and loot the ship in the past, they would not have been interested in such things. Unless they took an easier way out, the Starfinders suffered a lingering death of starvation and dehydration. This ship clearly has room for more crew. It is unknown where their bodies are.

Making your way to the bridge, it appears that the command and control center survived the crash better than most areas. Some of the consoles seem to be running at minimum power, drawing their energy from a live connection somewhere. The computer interface ports contain an indentation the same shape as the Starfinder insignias, along with the usual tactile inputs.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."