Chapter 3: The Unbounded Wayfarer

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 pm

"Good-good to go... can't make talk-talk for a while. I will work on it."

Quig sends the rest of the trip doing repairs and pocketing random do-dads without even thinking about it. He works on shields, engines, coms, and other systems after that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 pm

Not being well versed with the skills needed for repairing the ship, Jalesh takes the time to take a little break and get himself some chow, afterwards he goes and checks in with the rest of the group.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Keskodai takes the opportunity of the lull in excitement to play some edutainment games with Chk-Chk.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Zindfal approaches Quig. "I am not skilled with technology, but as you have astutely pointed out, I have many arms. How may I help?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Barkley, the head officer of the Starfinder crew, puts everyone to work according to their skills and attributes. The man may not be a great, charismatic leader of legend, but he is a competent one. Most of the combat crew is rotated out to rest and recover, while everyone else gets to the business of repair and replenish. Jalesh takes a well-deserved break from the action, the adrenaline rush of battle quickly turning to fatigue and the need for rest. Given the close brush with mortality, Keskodai naturally turns to the love he has for his brood, Chk-Chk.

Zindfal seems at a bit of a loss given his lack of technological expertise, but he puts in the effort to approach Quig to see if he can contribute in any meaningful way. As he points out, he does have more arms than most. Quig is smaller than most and can get to places that others would have to take apart to access. Perhaps they could team up? Given the ratling's propensity for creativity, he figures out a system where Zindfal can hold and operate multiple tools at once, freeing up Quig to work his magic. It looks strange, but it somehow ends up working pretty well.

Within a remarkably short time the ship is as ready as it is going to get. There was some talk of attempting salvage, but given the reactor explosion that took out the pirate vessel, most of the prime components have been reduced to broken scrap. Maybe a mining operation would be interested in salvaging for refined materials, but that's about it.
Ready to head back to Absalom Station? I'm absolutely on board with you enjoying some Role-Play time rather than getting all task-oriented if you so desire.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:41 pm

With the ship in traveling shape, the navigation sensors lock on to the Drift Beacon at the heart of Absalom Station. Quig gives the thumbs-up, and Jalesh activates their jump into the Drift. Several nearby asteroids are pulled in along with them, a small piece of real-space becoming part of this strange realm revealed by the god Triune.

Several 'days' pass in the Drift, the ship's chronometer being the only sensical means of keeping track in this star-less realm. But no dangers are encountered, and the Loreseeker safely re-enters reality back where this whole adventure started.

After docking safely, the group makes their way to the Starfinder Offices, to meet with Venture-Captain Arvin. They are quickly ushered in by his ysoki assistant, clearly making others in the waiting room, well, wait longer. "Come in, come in! I'd worried about you, since we haven't heard anything in over a week. I had worried you had been lost, the same as the original expedition. What happened?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Quig throws himself into a chair, "So much happened. Dangers, too many dangers, not paid-paid enough for for much danger. Maybe we should get more credits? Oh so much danger!" He's clearly playing it up hoping to renegotiate some more reward. Then he looks at the others, letting one of them take it from there.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Jalesh gives the little ratman a pad on the back and says "as my friend puts it, we ran into some unexpected challenges during our mission, you know the kind right? The type that would like nothing more but to leave your entrails baking in the hot sand, and I happen to agree with my little friend, I think we deserve more credits than we are currently due." Jalesh learns forward letting his bulk tower over the man.

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

Post by Lathandris » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am

Zindfal remains quiet near the door watch his new companions. His four arms crossed casually.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:12 pm

"Pirates in a hostile orbit. We carried the ship through safely, and returned with the fate of your comrades. If you feel we've acted above and beyond the call for those outside the Society, perhaps additional reward would be appropriate."

Keskodai has been through enough with his comrades to support them in this moment, though he seems all too aware of the power and influence the Venture-Captain wields should he take offense.