Book 1: Incident at Absalom Station - Act 1: Absalom Gang War

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Book 1: Incident at Absalom Station - Act 1: Absalom Gang War

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Quig seems to drop the magic words necessary to get in. Drinking and gambling are what this place wants to do to pry you loose from your credits. And the hand-over of "tips" to the guards helps as well. Typical graft.

-----

The dimly lit interior of the nightclub is filled with the press of sweaty bodies, a haze of narcotic smoke, and the pounding beat and ululating vocals of bakarang music blaring from the main stage in the northeast corner of the room. A sinuous bar winds around the northwest corner, offering a variety of drinks and drugs for purchase. Booths line the south wall of the club, facing the main stage in the northeast corner and the crowded dance floor beneath it. Gyrating dancers stand atop four smaller stages scattered around the club: one behind the bar, one in the center of the room, and two flanking the main stage. Wide double doors marked "Staff Only" exit to the room to the rest.

A small room that serves as a coat check stands just inside the club’s front doors to the left. But other than that, the room is open to your patronage.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:49 pm

"We should get a booth,, gets a good view of the club's floor." Says Jalesh as he walks into the club.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:44 pm

"Quig gives back anything from his cheek pouches that he might have of others, and he tucks his pistol into a better spot in his belt hidden there among his things. "That female has no clothing, where is her clothing? Why-why?" He walks over to the dancing girl with barely anything on. He calls out, "Are you cold-cold? Get some clothing!" He shakes his head, nose twitching, he wrinkles his nose, "Smells bad-bad in here!" He paces about, kind of all over the place, he's rather uncomfortable in here it seems. Finally he's brought over to the booth and sits there twitching and fidgeting, "No like it in here. A serpents den, I don't like snakes."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:28 am

The dancing girls give strange looks to the ratling questioning them on why they're stripping and gyrating their bodies. They move away, concentrating on patrons that have a better chance of tipping them.

A bartender comes up to them, a pad in hand. "Welcome to the Fusion Queen, gentlemen." He gives nods all around. "Haven't seen you around before, glad to have new blood here. What can I do for you?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:57 pm

"Grain Alcohol, something from barley or corn please-please." The rat man has his tastes and he doesn't want any synth or otherwise made drinks. Something he can sink his teeth into. Tail switches side to side and his nose sniffs the air smelling something unpleasant but he doesn't comment on it, et.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Jalesh nods to the bartender, "got anything stronger? I have a mighty thirst." He sits down next to Quig and looks at the ratman obviously not enjoying the situation. Jalesh gives him a pat on the head and says "It's ok buddy, not your kind of place, i get it." Jalesh tips the gyrating stripper a couple of credits, before turning back to his friend.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:34 pm

"Barley or corn ... hm ... how about both?" He taps something into his pad, and an thin armature descends from the ceiling, procures a bottle from near the top of the bar wall, and smoothly delivers it into the barkeeps hand. The liquid inside is a clear, light brown color. "This one's known as whiskey. Try it out for a spin." A couple shot glasses appear in one hand, and he pours right into them. One is filled with about an ounce of the whiskey, the other full to the brim with two ounces.

He slides the smaller one to Quig, and the other to Jalesh. He turns to the android, an eyebrow raised. "Not sure what you might want, buddy. If you've got a taste for something, feel free to let me know." DREAMS nods politely, his gaze wandering around the strange environs of the club.

"Now, feel free to let me know how those taste. Got plenty more where that came from." He swirls the liquor in the whiskey bottle fondly. "What else can I do for you boys?"
I hope everyone saw Vardaen's status update in the other Forum. KrowsNest has also been having some struggles, so this Campaign may be really slow on posting. Real life comes first, so being supportive.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Quig takes the shot glass and his whiskers twitch wildly. "This smells good-good, grain is good for Yoskai." He laps at it with his tongue for a moment like a dog at a bowl. Then he downs it in one swift shot. "Oooo ahhhh burns!"

He slides the empty glass back to the barkeep, "Another!"

He proceeds to get drunk, not fall on the floor vomit on yourself drunk, but a nice strong buzz going.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:50 am

Jalesh takes the glass in his hand gives the amber liquid a healthy whiff the warm smell surprises him, in a very pleasant way, he takes a healthy drink and savors it for a couple of seconds before swallowing the glorious liquid. He finishes the glass, smiles and says to the bartender, "For starters i am going to need you to leave the bottle with us, this whiskey is as delicious as ambrosia."

Jalesh pours himself another glass and motions the barkeep to come closer, "My friends and I are looking for work, you know, on the side, and heard that this might be the place to find some, we've heard that the owner of this fine establishment might be looking for some extra muscle and we might be able to help in that regard, if you know what i mean." As he speaks Jalesh slides the barkeep a nice tip for the information.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:47 pm

The human gives you both a once-over with his gaze, clearly looking for inconsistencies in the request. Cops aren't always super obvious. When the tip is passed over, he shrugs. He got his, and if the bosses get screwed then somebody else will swoop in and run the establishment. Either way, not his problem.

He leans in, speaking quietly and gesturing towards the bottle of whiskey, clearly pretending he's talking about the alcohol. "Ferani Nadaz runs this joint is as human as I am, she's fully in charge. Her right hand man is a powerhouse of a vesk," he pauses and glances at Jalesh, "Vrokilayo Hatchbuster. Got a big ass rifle and a hammer, not a friendly guy." He gestures towards the Staff Only door to the west. "Usually got a few mooks back there as well, playing cards. I'd guess they'd usually shoot on sight, but you might be able to fast-talk your way through."