Book 1: Incident at Absalom Station - Act 1: Absalom Gang War

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:25 am

Jalesh opens up his comms and gives Quig a quick call.

"Quig, buddy, where are you? Got a job for you that i think you are going to like!"

Once given the location Jalesh makes his way towards the rest of the group.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Quig collects his information and joins the others, he relates all he's learned to them and points out the obvious conspiracies and trouble going on between all the groups. He joins Jalesh with a smile, "What sort of job?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Book 1: Incident at Absalom Station - Act 1: Absalom Gang War

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:29 pm

Jalesh sits down, a smile on his face, "hitting the streets has been a fruitful endeavor, i managed to gather information on both gangs, there is an Ysoki named Jabaxa, he is the leader of the Level 21 gang, do you think you can put a trace on him? He is rumored to be doing business with the Hardscrabble Collective, I also found out that the Downside Kings' leader is a human named Ferani Nadaz, and members of the gang frequent a club called Fussion Queen, i think we should tap into the club's security feed and get an idea of what the place looks like and the exits before we try to make any sort of move, i am convinced that if we keep an eye on the club we'll be able to get to Ferani Nadaz. What do you think?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:03 pm

"Sounds good. What were those names again?" Quig gets the names of people and places once more and then goes into the Chain to dig around. The yoskai call the network of linked computer systems "The Chain" since they are one and all linked together, and nothing is too safe since there is always a weak link someplace. "Let me see what's on the Chain." He plugs in and runs some searches.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:14 am

Jalesh's information appears to check out. Hacking into the main financial hubs of Absalom Station would result in swift detection, arrest, and imprisonment. Quig is too smart to mess with the true professionals, but they're working on messing with street gangs. Seriously, what kind of cybersecurity could they have?

The Level 21 Crew has particularly poor countermeasures against being cyber-stalked, perhaps because they're more the working-man's gang, rather than one funded by a Megacorp. The little engineer finds public traffic cameras, and just observes the comings and goings of gangs flying their colors. They often check into a bodega called Mama Fats', used either as a meeting place or a message drop.

The Downside Kings appear to have little cyber presence, either from security or avoiding electronic messaging when possible. All Quig can track down is confirming the location of their base, and images of the outside.
You now have basically all you can get without directly going to these places. You now know a meeting place of the Level 21 Crew, if you want to talk to them. And you've got the address of both locations, so you can get to either.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:08 pm

"Their names are Jabaxa and Ferani Nadaz, it would be good to keep an eye on them, we are going to have to meet them eventually and the more intel we have the better things will go for use when we do meet them." Jalesh shifts on his seat, once he has found a comfortable spot he looks at the android, "Anything you want to add?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Quig fill sin the company on what he's found about locations.

"That's all I can do. We need to go knock-knock knocking on doors if we want to learn more. I think that's good. We go talk face to face now, ready their eyes, their whiskers twitch or not? Yes? Yes." He seems ready and willing to go do some footwork now.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 pm

"A simple jam has been placed, so any hint of our hacking was erased. Simple tech, always in check." DREAMS stated, having been sitting in the booth with Quig, his fingertips resting against each other, lowering one and revealing his finger was also a hacking tool, "Starfinders have advanced firewalls though, but all that information was waiting for a man to borrow. Though if a face to face procedure is needed, I always see a gun is used to make info conceded, but I'm not the one claiming leadership, my dear lizard, I am ready whenever to dip. Though seems like the corp buying hired guns is pretty often, so if we all make a wrong move, we'll be in a cast iron coffin."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:05 am

Quig finally looks at dreams and just shake this head, "Uou are straaange."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:19 am

Jalesh, looks at the android quizzically, must he always speak in riddles? "I think we should head to the club, a nice public place will make for easier infiltration."