Book 1: Incident at Absalom Station - Act 1: Absalom Gang War

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Run by ManWithDoor
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Its D&D in Space! Its not looting, its salvage!
The little rat man takes what he can and runs, joining up to the others pocketing the credit sticks, he can deal with sharing them later.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:24 pm

To quote one of my favorite book/TV series, "It's legitimate salvage, Mars can't just reclaim it."
Jalesh takes a seat at the table with the rest of the group, he looks around the lively establishment, people seem in good spirits and as always he can see the rumor mill running rampart, when the refreshments are brought Jalesh gladly accepts a frosty beer which he downs in the blink of an eye, satisfied with his drink Jalesh puts the empty container down and looks at his companions, "So after all of this excitement and secrecy, are you going to finally tell us what exactly is the job?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:52 pm

The others look at Jalesh with some confusion. What job is he talking about? They were here to meet up with the Starfinder Society, their patron Venture-Captain Arvin having pushed your names into prominence through your previous work for the Society. Upon arrival, your greeting party had the unfortunate fate of being caught in the crossfire of a Gang War. You managed to get to a safe area to collect your thoughts, and a bar is always the best place to do that.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:55 am

Scratching his head Jalesh, trying to not look foolish at his mistake, "I apologize, i might have been confused as to what the purpose of this meeting is, my fault." He places a hand over his heart to punctuate his apology. "I guess my brain is a little rattled after finding ourselves a surprise entrant in a gang war."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:19 pm

"Haha! Such a foolish guess, my dear lizard man. Maybe you should leave the questions til they are done, if you can." DREAMS stated, having taken his own seat, and taking in the sights. Of course, no refreshments for a robot.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:49 am

An urgent chirp sounds in each of your ears, a priority Starfinder signal. You don't need to open the channel, it automatically opens. "Hello! Quig! Jalesh! Anyone? Can you hear me?" Venture-Captain Arvin's voice is more strained than any of you have heard it, genuine worry bleeding through the comms. "Just heard that the Councilor is down and the docks locked down. Are any of you alive?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Restraining himself from grabbing the android by the neck and putting a couple rounds into it's head, Jalesh shifts in his seat as his attention is drawn away from the machine sitting in front of him. "Yes, we are here." He replies dryly.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:18 pm

Quig, counting a handful of digital buttons he took as salvage replies, "We are good-good, killed bad men, but Kreel is dead-dead. Where are you? Need help? We come shoot more bad guys, get more salvage."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:24 am

A loud sigh of relief sounds over the comms. "Oh thank the Maker! This has just been ... a disaster of the day." You can hear his chair squeak a bit as he flops down on it. "As you know, such attacks are not a daily occurrence, although that is small comfort to all of us. I grieve for Duravor's death. He was a valued member of the Society. May the Lady of Graves be kind in her judgment of his soul."

A long moment of silence sits in the air for many seconds. "If you want to come into the Office, you can. But I have no idea what was behind the attack." Various whirs and clicks can be heard as he interacts with his computer. "According to the incident report just released by station security, two gangs were involved in the attack: the Downside Kings and the Level 21 Crew. Gang wars are not uncommon, but they usually just stay in places like the Puddles and shoot each other up. They don't come into the good parts of Absalom Station. Seriously, this can't be all there is to find out here. Something is really strange."

He mutters to himself for a minute. "I mean, just look at the timing. Was it coincidence? Just a terrible confluence of events, or someone have been targeted? If so, why?" The curses he lets out don't need repeating in polite company. "Alright, we'll get to your official Induction into the Society later, we've got business. I want you to look into this. Find out exactly what happened and why. I want justice for this. Investigate the Gangs, find out what they're up to, and run this down."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Quig's brain is an odd one, it has to be, he's both Yoskai and an Engineer, the combo leads to strange paths. "What if none were gang, or all one gang, pretending to be angry. They come here to assassinate Kreel on purpose, not fight each other." He shrugs and calls Scout down to him and inspects the drones camera footage of the fight. "Wonder, how much they shoot at each other?"
Let's reply any footage Scout has, and see if the gangs actually open fire on each other at all or just us. Were there any strange shadowy figures in the background ordering them about, etc. Full on conspiracy theory now.