Chapter 2: Playing With Fire

Ancient and powerful, the rulers of the Calabim posses a dark secret. Through fell ritual their lives can be prolonged at the expense of others, and by this act Alexis and Flauros have created a decadent vampiric aristocracy. Their battlefield success comes at a price they are only too happy to pay -- the blood of their human thralls, kept in miserable conditions to serve as little more than cattle. This secret would surely incense all honorable nations of Patria, but could even the strongest compare to the might of a vampire lord? Perhaps their enemies are willing to dismiss the ugly rumors as just that, to avoid the danger of sharing the fate of the sad Calabim humans.

Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Order of Lietbur Encampment

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Eyris glares at the camp warily with squinted eyes. She has never been in a camp like this, strange tents, strange people. Her hand holds her spear and that comforts her for now. But she never lets her guard down.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:53 pm

The big barbarian gives a large if doubtful wave directed at the man. He assumes the executioner leader is too busy to notice, but he really isn't sure what to do in this situation, besides follow along.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:30 pm

Lord Commander Fellsan Blademore wipes his blade with a red and black rag and sheaths the blade in a scabbard before setting it leaning against a broken fence. His attention is drawn by the wave of Mongo and he comments to a squire nearby who runs off as the Lord turns your way. "Lady Awredane, greeting. Now, who is this that you have brought to the camp?" He strides a few steps to meet you as you close the gap to stand about 8 feet from him. He's an impressive physical specimen, tall, well muscled, clearly capable in a fight. His face has a noble bearing, and is handsome, if not for the blood splatter and smoke and ash soot on him you might be comforted by his appearance. "I am Lord Commander Fallsan Blademore of Icatia, and who are you?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:36 pm

"Morwen-Altorniel, Arrasul Maltathantara." Morwen answered simply, though one could argue that her full name was anything but simple. "What news is there?"

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:57 pm

"I'm Eyris Fire-Heart." Eyris just says, squinting her eyes warily.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:49 pm

The big barbarian is mainly trying to figure it if he or the Lord Commander is taller and stronger. "Mongo. Escaped slave." He gestures back to where they came from. "Killed ... re-killed? Re-killed skeletons in town."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Mongo can't tell, he might be taller then the Lord Command, but maybe not, its darn close either way.

"Morwen, of the Elohim as I understand your name. Good to meet you, but I wonder what one of your kind is doing in this place." Then Eyris and Mongo are introduced and he nods, "Captured by slavers then and freed by your own will? Yes, I can read it on your faces. Good, it is good to know there are still people who are not helpless in this realm of shadow and blood." He motions, "Come, you will be my guests tonight for dinner. If you are not followers of the Ebon Hand, and are reverent to the Hand of Justice of Lugus, you are both friend and allies."

He looks at Lady Awredane, "You are dismissed, return to your duties in the burn zone, bring me any other survivors."

She bows to him, nods to you and turns around to go back into the burning village to look for more trouble or people.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Eyris nods, still wary and shy.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Mongo brightens up at the promise of a meal. "Dinner is great, better than traveling food." He still doesn't really know who the Ebon Hand is, but he is familiar enough with the god of justice. "Myself don't care much for gods, but Lugus people nice. Can trust them. If they are like their god, then Lugus a good god too."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:23 am

"Perhaps." Morwen isn't so sure, but her relationship with the divine can best be described as 'confused.' "I certainly shan't turn down a good meal. I would like to know for myself if there are some clean clothes I can purchase? What I wear I took off a slaver, and I would rid myself of their stink."