Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - The Horse Eater

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:39 pm

As you roll the troll away, you hear strange sounds coming from underneath. As soon as Torwin is free, you realize that he is laughing. His arms and even his waist is covered in the blood. It takes a moment to pry the sword free, but it seems that the normally grim man is happy.

He notices some disturbed looks, "No, I'm just relieved to be alive. When I couldn't move, I thought perhaps I was dying." He thanks the group for freeing him, and acknowledges Imhar and Waeltha for joining them. "We will surely tell the King the whole story. Whatever was behind these attacks may still cause trouble, but the King will know your folk are not to be held responsible."

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Theofred rolls free as the beast is slain, recovering his spear that clattered to the ground he wipes the black blood from the point. Hearing Torwin's laugh he cannot help but laugh himself. "The beast is slain, well done company. We shall drink and rejoice when we return to Edoras in due time!" He goes to Torwin and slaps the man on the back in a friendly heartfelt gesture.

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Hamarr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Do we rest for 30 minutes? I was the only one who got hit, but if we do rest I will be back to 19 endurance instead of 15(from the song) I am fine either way I will be weary regardless unless I am mounted on a horse. After a night's rest I should be good.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Hereweald is not so pleased, he sheath's his blade and is grim. He did nothing to aid in felling the beast, and many are already dead, or betrayed by the whole situation. He grabs a burning brand from the fire, and stalks into the troll cave silently to see what he might see.
We can do the short rest for sure
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

HunterGreen
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Hunter

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

Post by HunterGreen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:37 pm

"Do you think the Reeve, or the King, might care for a trophy from yon beast?" Sangric says, his drum silent now, but still held in his hands. "For we surely can't, and wouldn't want to, haul the whole thing back. Besides," he adds as an afterthought, "our friends from over the Isen might want a piece for the same purpose."
Join our Discord chat for TOR and AiME: https://discord.me/theonering

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Istril quickly sheathed her sword and sat down, panting. Her heart was beating loudly in her chest from the fear and adrenaline the like of which she had never experienced. She hadn't landed a blow, so cleaning the blade was pointless, but the dangerous experience had left her tired. "If you are going to butcher this fell creature and claim a trophy, we should ride back swiftly before it begins to stink," she suggested. "Though I need a moment to catch my breath and steady my nerves."

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Torwin stands; he checks that all of his limbs work, then cleans the blade of his sword and sheathes it. He has no interest in bringing a trophy back; instead he follows Hereweald into the cave.

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Hamarr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 am

"I am of Istril's mind though, rest and a moment to catch my breath before we butcher this creature as proof that it has been slain will do a world of good for me." He turns and sits near Istril, taking out a water canteen and drinking long from it before handing it to the Gondorian Healer. "Drink and take long deep breaths, the heart will slow soon."

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:51 am

Check your endurance totals. I thought I updated them, counting a brief rest. I may have erred. I am going to try and keep the game going, but may be a bit slower to update.
Hereweald makes his way into the cave, torch lit. The smell is almost suffocating. Torwin follows. Things are much as one might expect. Bones are scattered everywhere with rotted flesh festering on them in various stages of decay. Ulfur’s mangled body lies on the floor. Scattered about the corners of the cave are piles of mouldering clothes and rusting armor, but also the light of the torch reveals the gleam of gold.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Hereweald ignores the gold for the moment and instead moves to the corpse of Ulfur. He's pulled a scarf up over his mouth and nose against the smell, keeping the torch high letting the smoke from it push out some of the stink. He kneels near the mangled corpse, and then takes the man's sword from his belt. "He may have been a bastard, but his family deserves to know his fate. I shall endeavour to return his blade to them." He stands, and tucks the sword and stealth under his arm as he gazes about now, now the gold catching his eye.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring