Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:45 pm

"Oh would everyone be silent!"

There is sudden shout from the top bunk in the far corner as a man, who has been laying there the whole time, rolls over and tugs his blanket up over his head further. Apparently he arrived long before anyone else and has been sleeping silently there without anyone realizing it! Wool blanket up over his head, his features are fully hidden as he tries to adjust so he can get back to sleep!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Ha, nice entrance V!

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:51 am

Theofred looks up towards the bunk, and then back towards Sangric. "A little wet and cold wouldn't stop me from exploring the city. I have seen worse, anyone wish to join may. And we may leave sleeping bodies lie."

HunterGreen
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Hunter

Post by HunterGreen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 am

"Indeed," Sangric agrees, though in a comparatively subdued voice, "the rain may only dampen the body but not the spirits." He pulls a heavy cloak from his possessions and wraps it around himself, leaving the rest behind. "I mean to get more than a glimpse of the fountain that stands in the shadow of Meduseld this time, even if I must stand in a fountain to do it."
Join our Discord chat for TOR and AiME: https://discord.me/theonering

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:00 pm

As members of the party set out, the weather mercifully seems to cooperate. The heavy rain subsides quickly and at worst a cold drizzle falls down on Edoras. Before long, even that clears as the dark clouds move off to the east toward Gondor. The sky is overcast,the weather cool, and the streets full of muddy pools, but the capitol city of Rohan buzzes with energy. The Mark seems to be preparing for a campaign of some sort. Soldiers make there way carrying out whatever orders they have been assigned. A group of children are carrying out a mock battle with one side fighting as the Riders of the Mark against another group of 'Dunlending raiders'. They wield sticks for swords as they chase each other around the wet cobblestones.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:05 pm

When Torwin has changed and dry once again, he follows the others. "I said it would clear up," he says, holding out his hand as nothing falls from the sky into it.

He is tempted to go and find his Aunt, Uncle, and sisters, but decides to remain with the group. He would first wait until they spoke to the Reeve and had a sense of why they had been called here, and how much time he had, before turning aside. His family might want him to stay long, and he preferred to not disappoint them by merely seeing them for one hour then having to leave again.
Last edited by Blubbo_Baggins on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Mercifully the clucking hens leave the roost, and Hereweald pulls up the blanket again, a bit too far and his feet poke out the bottom. He adjusts, flops about, and grumbles. Finally he manages to get comfortable again as the last person heads outside. He's been on the road for far too long, and as much as he might like to see Edoras, he is just exhausted, and needs more sleep. So he does just that until he's summoned, or his stomach wakes him with grumbling calls to fill it.
Thanks wbw
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Taraborn
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Mercenary Soldier

Post by Taraborn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Preferring the silence of the lodge to the hustle and bustle of the city, Ceorgrim remains in his bunk, getting some rest the same as the man across the room to him. However, he does not fall asleep. Instead, the young man lies atop his blankets, hands resting on his stomach as he breathes softly and contemplates what is to come.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:29 pm

For those of you exploring, feel free to talk to any locals or let us know what you want to see if you have anything in particular in mind. I'll give you a chance to RP out some stuff, maybe gather some information, etc. before the summons comes.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:49 pm

"I can hear you breathing."

Its perhaps twenty minutes since the group has left when the 'sleeping' man speaks up. He doesn't roll over, or pull the blanket down off his head yet. His tone is pretty even at this point, he's not accusatory, just matter a fact. "Did I hear right, everyone of those clucking hens has been summoned by the king?"