Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

“...in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell, and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.” - From The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Run by the Loremaster WBWeather

Moderator: Wbweather

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:12 pm

"Well thought," says Torwin. "Let's bring his body out for burial, as well. Let's not make enemies of his band nor his family." He pulls the body out to the edge of the cave, then returns, for he would know what else the troll took, and it should be brought to Thengel, to help the survivors of the attacks.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - February 25th, 2960

Post by Othniel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Istril accepts the water gratefully though she has her own, not wanting to spurn the gesture. Once she has collected herself, she takes thought for the others. "Thank you, Theofred. My apologies. This is the first time I have seen true battle. Is anyone injured?"

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Chapter I: Blood on the Snow - The Horse Eater

Post by Wbweather » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 am

Ulfúr’s remains are brought out of the cave. His sword is taken to give to his family. The cave contains a sizable hoard. Anyone who wishes to, may search for treasure. The gold is brought out and appears to be worth around 250 treasure.
Everyone is allowed 2 rolls of the feat die to look for exceptional treasure. Since no one has exp at this point to spend, I will allow you to use what you will have used on completing this adventure, which is 3 XP. If you aren’t familiar with the rules for magical treasure, you can search (twice in this case) by rolling a feat die. An Eye or Gandalf result discovers something exceptional. You can invest so to roll and see what it is.

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:16 am

Search for treasure. I suppose I will also bid all three xp
Looking through the hoard of ill gotten gains Theofred will look for anything that might be returned to their rightful place. Or kept to serve the King if their owner is no longer alive.
Last edited by Hamarr on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Bid 3 XP and search
The gold in the troll's horde is significant. "Thengel will be pleased that we have found weregild plenty to aid in the restoration of the folk who have lost so much," he says absently as they find bags to carry the gold. He whispers to Hereweald, "I am guessing the Dunlendings will expect some of the gold, too. How much do you think we should offer them?"

Hamarr
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Slayer

Post by Hamarr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 pm

I don't think you have to bid unless you roll an Eye or Gandalf rune. If you get a numbered result you just take your share of treasure.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Yep - I'm just giving WB the info now so he doesn't have to ask for it when he rolls and Eye on my treasure roll. :lol:

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:47 pm

I shall search as well!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Hereweald looks at the Dunlendings after Torwin whispers to him, "Equal effort, equal reward, or are we not greedy moneylenders? I will not risk taking a troll's horde without being free and generous with the wealth to all those who deserve it. I have heard too many tale of such curses and woes from greed and selfishness." He returns to the horde himself and begins the search of it.
Okay seems like might as well go all in search and bid 3 like everyone else
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:13 pm

I will do the rolls and post when I can, but it might not happen until I am back at a computer and not checking in on my tablet.