How to get involved in an online game?

This is the OOC Forum for the Oaths of the Riddermark game.

Moderator: Wbweather

SteveLampon
Level 0
Level 0

Post by SteveLampon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:37 pm

:) I have created my character up to the point of adding his previous experience, and I am in the process of writing a backstory. Is the backstory and previous experience something the LM and other players want to contribute to, to round out the party?

Thanks

Steve

SteveLampon
Level 0
Level 0

Post by SteveLampon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Déor's backstory ...

Déor is from the The Folde and lives on a farm near the old capital of Aldburg. His parents are horse breeders and trainers as are many other farmers in the locality. Like many other children brought up on the farms nearby, Déor could ride almost before he could walk. Déor has several older brothers and sisters, and like them he spent many happy hours growing up on the farm, performing small tasks to begin with and being given more responsibility as he grew.

Déor would often go with his father on hunting trips with other men and their sons; they frequently hunted and fished up and down the Snowbourn River and the Entwash, sometimes even as far as the foothills of the White Mountains. Like many who went on these hunts, he became an adept hunter at a young age. He would often travel with his father to trade horses at the dealers in Aldburg and sometimes even in Edoras. When he was well into his teens, Déor was required to join the muster like all young men and even some maidens. He trained with the other members of his éored in the use of spear and sword and became accomplished with both.

During his trips to Aldburg and Edoras, he would observe the trading caravans coming from east and west bringing unusual and exotic goods and people. When he was old enough, he would accompany his father into the taverns to listen to stories and songs told and sung by the Riders of the Mark. On reaching their early twenties, his older brothers had all been given their parent’s consent to join the caravans or occasionally, when the muster was called, to patrol along the Isen and the Gap of Rohan when trouble was brewing.

He knew his time to journey beyond The Folde would come …

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:42 pm

@stevelampon

Sorry for the slow replies from everyone! Things should start picking up here this week.
Take a look at this page, which shows you the current PCs and their character sheets: http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewtopic ... 993&t=9176

The players who seem to still be with us are Vardaen (Hereweald), Othniel (Istril), Hamarr (Theofred), and me (Torwin). Possibly HunterGreen (Sangric) is around, but I'm thinking not.

Anyway, Hereweald is the company's huntsman. There's nothing wrong if you want Déor to also be good at hunting, we can certainly have two huntmen. But if you also are good at Awareness or Explore, we could use a secondary Lookout, or Scout.

Your background story seems great to me! It's up to the GM, @wbweather, for anything else and when he can get you in the game.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Yes, we will try to wrap up this adventure. Since we are down to 3 players, I will probably try to work you and another new player in on this adventure.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Welcome, looks good. Did you get a character sheet? We use Google Drive for shared documents.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

SteveLampon
Level 0
Level 0

Post by SteveLampon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 am

:) Hello, I have filled in the character sheet on GD. I have yet to add in my previous experience. At the moment my character is similar to Vardaens. Perhaps we could cover a few different skills that he doesn't have when we add my PE.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring