Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

As the political scene in Taldor explodes into chaos, heroes take on the mantle of agents, advocates, and saboteurs working for Princess Eutropia to help secure her claim to the Imperial throne and prevent the Empire from collapsing in on itself in civil war. Will they grow from relative nobodies to powerful politicians and spymasters in the deadliest political arena in the Inner Sea?

Run by the GM ManWithDoor
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:41 am

The enchantress frowns. "If they are undead, then many of my spells will not work on them. I can shoot them with my crossbow if you want? There's plenty of bolts in the place where I grabbed the crossbow. We might be able to take out these things from relative safety?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:00 pm

"Its not worth the time, come on, if we get stuck down here they will give us something to do. I think we should just stay out of reach." Then Theodrix skirts the beasts and explores to the east around the outside ring staying clear.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:22 pm

"Right." Bertram says, and follows Theodrix.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 am

"But what about that center chamber?" Astraea asks. "Surely it might be worth a look."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:26 am

The group has mixed feelings about leaving the exceedingly creepy undead to grasp desperately at them from mere feet away. For now they hold their blows, focusing instead on continuing their exploration. They edge over to the east, the direction where the dead noble was facing when he fell, opening the first door they come to.

Your light extends into a dark room, and two figures dodge back into the corners, clearly expecting trouble. Both look roughed up. The first person you get a good look at it wearing clerical robes, a large golden key - the symbol of Abadar - hanging from his neck. His skin is a dusky black, perhaps of the Mwangi tribesmen. After getting a better look at you, he breaths a deep sigh of relief. "Thank the Wealthy Father! There are more of us." He staggers forward, looking more emotionally exhausted than physically wounded. "What madness has happened? Why are we down here?"

A deeply sarcastic voice sounds from the other. "Of course. The fates have a sick sense of humor that I would be shut out of civilization down here with you." Dame Malphene Trant comes forward, looking worse for wear. Her dress is cut up, and her sword is missing. She is cradling her right arm, and the wrist looks red and swollen. Those with medical knowledge can see it is at least badly sprained, perhaps even worse. Impossible to tell without direct examination.
Opened Room C2d.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:21 pm

"Do I know you?" Theodrix wasn't around during the whole encounter with Dame Trant. He glances around the room, at the man, the woman's wrist, and pauses mid chamber. "Well it seems we were the only ones teleported down here. Let me guess you have a brooch that looks like this?" The young man holds out his brooch for the two to see.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:15 am

"Ah, may I introduce Dame Malphene Trant, Lady Malphene, may I introduce the gentleman known as Theodorix?" Mercutio seems able to put on his charming courtesies as easily as others change socks, adding in flowery flattering phrases and gestures as the hag before them was known to appreciate and expect, but he can't quite keep himself from adding in one veiled insult, one could only hope that she failed to make note of it. "Our circumstances are undesirable, I must agree, but I find it difficult to imagine anyone I would rather share them with than a Dame of your qualities."
Bluff +10, failure ought to be highly amusing

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Astraea looked at the two with some slight distrust after Trant spoke up, but she decided it was neither the time nor th e place to get into that sort of discussion. Instead, she inquired about their well-being. "And I am Astraea of House Clement. This really isn't the time for pleasantries, but if my eyes do not deceive me you appear to be injured, Lady Malphene. If the Father is untrained, I have some limited training in combat medicine and could take a look at your arm."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:20 am

"Brother Bertram." he says, emphasizing the Brother. "I can only pray for you." he adds, "but it often helps."
Cast CLW if needed.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:50 pm

"Right, Theodrix Dewmore, but we don't have time for this. We need to keep moving. What do you know of your situation? Are there others around you've seen, what of supplies, or dangers?" He keeps near the door looking in and out both for the Lady to reply and for trouble in the halls.