Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

As the political scene in Taldor explodes into chaos, heroes take on the mantle of agents, advocates, and saboteurs working for Princess Eutropia to help secure her claim to the Imperial throne and prevent the Empire from collapsing in on itself in civil war. Will they grow from relative nobodies to powerful politicians and spymasters in the deadliest political arena in the Inner Sea?

Run by the GM ManWithDoor
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

Post by Othniel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 pm

Astraea slowly lowers her dagger, though she doesn't sheath it. "I'm only an enemy if you make yourself mine," she says slowly. The events of the day and the last few minutes are finally catching up in the noblewoman's mind. "I wonder how the Princess fares. Her own father betraying her," she says, an edge in her voice. "May Ragathiel's vengeance smite him quickly."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 am

Lady Martella's voice through the telepathy comes through high-pitched and strained, although not yet fully panicked. "Gloriana Morilla's allies from the Pathfinder Society secured us a way out of the Senate building! This is an organized force." The battle is clearly still underway back in the Courtyard, while you are ... somewhere. Quiet and safe for now, but who knows how long it will stay that way?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:55 am

"There was no drinking?!" Mercutio quips through the haze. "Waking up in a bed I don't recognize and don't remember how I ended up in happens to be why I stopped drinking to excess quite some years ago, although the part about finding myself next to a lovely lady is an appreciated surprise" He glances at Auralia with a suggestive wink of the eye. "Though that last part happens more often if I keep the drink to moderation, less the surprise of course."

On a reflex, he treats his noble attire to a little bit of prestidigitation to regain it's appearance of having been freshly and neatly pressed. Finds his fancy hat and puts it on, and produces a small mirror just to make sure that he didn't miss a single wrinkle in the fabric and that his hair is in immaculate order. "Nobody important got hurt I hope?" He asks Martella through the link, by important, he mostly means the princess. "Sends my regards to Lady Gloriana, we might become pathfinders yet, not knowing where we are is a good start." Whether his flippant confidence would be assuring, alarming or a little bit of both, he doesn't really know and doesn't really care.

"Mercutio of the House Vernisant, at your service, my lady Astraea." His courteous greeting and bow, and a kiss of the hand if she'll let him, and a lingering gaze at her eyes is at once perfectly in line with tradition and a playful critique of custom, Mercutio knows the rules well enough to adhere to them while breaking them in spirit. A Governess' nightmare without a doubt.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:50 pm

"Where are we? And where do we get food and drink?" Brother Betram asks.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:10 am

"I can create water in a pinch," Astraea offers, matter-of-factly. "We can go several days without food after that event. I expect we'll be able to find our way out of wherever we are without too much delay. We should take our bearings and move quickly, however, as I expect our absence from the slaughter will eventually be noticed, depending on how things ended up. Had I known this was going to happen, I would've insisted upon wearing my uniform and stuffing my pockets with useful bits. Ah, well."
I used some starting wealth for a healer's kit and warpriest's kit, but I'm not sure where, exactly, Astraea would stow all the items in those kits on her person at a formal event. She probably at least has the two potions I spent money on.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:14 pm

Everyone seems to be present and accounted for. No further communication pops back through the Badge-aided telepathy, presumably because the Lady on the other end is busy with something. Can't image what. But what is most pressing is what to do down here? The bedding seemed fine enough, if musty. There are a number of unopened wooden lockers by the north-east corner, and what look like hallways to the north and east as well.
Othniel - Big Purses:
- Looks like plenty of room for a Healer's Kit and Warpriest's Kit to me! :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:52 pm

"We have enough enemies Astraea, no need for more." Theodrix turns from here no longer worried about the woman being a foe. As Mercutio preens and kisses he rolls his eyes, "By the gods Mercutio, keep it in your pants for once! We have a problem here, a real problem." He then looks for a way out or signs of where they are. He casts off his courtly persona, the man who is witty and charming, and slowly bit by bit becomes a man of action, adventure and danger.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:26 pm

"I do have a few provisions, some healing supplies, and a couple potions - for an emergency," Astraea reveals. "But yes, we should try and find a way out. What I wouldn't give for something better than a dagger though." She casts a glance at the unopened lockers and walks over to search through them.
Let's check the lockers!

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:38 am

"I have little provisions with me. Not even a change of clothes. Well, not too many people here to criticize my looks I suppose. But, some food and water would be good in case we were teleported far away."

Aurelia goes towards the lockers, and takes a look inside.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:03 pm

Betram walks over to the northern door. "Psshhh!" he says to the others as he listens at the door.