Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

As the political scene in Taldor explodes into chaos, heroes take on the mantle of agents, advocates, and saboteurs working for Princess Eutropia to help secure her claim to the Imperial throne and prevent the Empire from collapsing in on itself in civil war. Will they grow from relative nobodies to powerful politicians and spymasters in the deadliest political arena in the Inner Sea?

Run by the GM ManWithDoor
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Book 1: Crownfall, Act 2: Lost in History

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Bertram moves forward and slowly lifts the occupied hat. The 'hair' waves slightly as it moves, obviously unnatural to everyone now. Aurelia the Enchantress holds her hand up ready to cast something should trouble occur, but as Theodrix brings over the torch the Ooze bubbles and shrieks, and drops down to the floor with a splat. It moves incredibly fast, a creepy slurping sound echoing off it as it slides underneath the door to the north, fleeing as fast as it can.
You've got a new Hat of Disguise! Super useful item (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wo ... -disguise/). Whoever wants it, go for it!

Where to next? C6? Or the door to the North or West?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:41 am

Aurealia pouts. "We didn't finish it off. Now it might eventually find another victim. Oh well. At least we've got this useful hat." She puts it on her own head, and has it transform into a nifty headscarf.

"More of these symbols. Do we know their significance?"

Aurelia also starts listening at the door closest to her, to see if she can hear anything on the other side.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:07 am

Brother Bertram is surprised to have the hat taken from his hand so quickly, but (for now) he does not object. "What now?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:26 pm

"That's what you'd use it for it?" Mercutio quips at Auralia, though he hardly approved of her choice of fashion, he'd go far more flashy than that.

"If we're set on searching this place, best do so orderly to leave no door unopened, no door unsearched."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 am

"Different fashions for different places. I could do a tiara later, but right now I feel like a scarf."

She gives a smile to Brother Betram in thanks for the item. "Shall we check the doors for any traps?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:40 am

"We should. But not I. Next room first?" Astraea asks.
Check out C6?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:05 pm

"Let's follow it." Torch in hand he moves up to the door, inspects for obvious traps, then throws it wide striding in torch held high.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:36 pm

"I was thinking more like." Mercutio pauses, visualizing what might look good on her, although he multitasked, Auralia *wanted* to be looked at, of that he was sure. "With that thing, you could to battle appearing to wear a gown fit for an empress, and impossible to move around in without going very slow and a small army of servants to cater to every need, scarlet silk methinks, or velvet, velvet is better, tight laced bodice, cut low in the front of course."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat May 02, 2020 11:39 pm

"Oh, I could already do *that*. I have these nifty magical sleeves that can change my outfit. And that kind of gown can be fun. Just not necessarily right now. The hat is for if I need to change my face. I don't really *need* it per se, so if anyone else wants to use it right now, feel free."

She smiles at Mercutio. "And good visuals. I'll have to keep that in mind."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat May 02, 2020 11:50 pm

"I rather doubt we will find much use for that one here." Mercutio agrees. "Unless you'd feel like helping the group focus by appearing like a plain-looking waif." He doubted her sleeves could disguise the size of her bosom.