Book 2: Rumors and Secrets

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Book 2: Rumors and Secrets

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Rumor #1: "Dame Crabbe's girl hasn't been the same since her beloved Opilio passed last year. Poor girl just won't let herself move on, and her overbearing mother isn't helping."
- See area L on the main map, west of the Void Wood.

Rumor #2: "“The Night Swan struck a trade convoy from Cassomir! They say he robs from the rich and gives to the poor, but that sounds more like Galtan propaganda than reality. Can you imagine anyone giving away money?”
- No specific area, but is gives a different view than just as an assassin

Rumor #3: "The pump house feeding the Stachys Spur has been blocked for years—abandoned and haunted, they say. Blocked deliberately, is what I say.”
- See area C on the main map, north of the Betony Estate.

Rumor #4: "You kids today are too young to remember, but the Night Swan is clearly the spirit of Lauchlein Lake! Count Lotheed stopped sacrificing virgins to appease it like his father did, and now it's hunting in the county again."
- See area G on the main map., the lake east of the Palace of Birdsong.

Rumor #5: "Baron Telus has stopped tending to his duties and lets his townsfolk loot as they please; it's disgraceful! Count Lotheed should've stepped in to put a stop to this years ago, but I guess he doesn't care so long as Telus' little bandit army leaves his lands alone."
- Telus Estate if area N on the main map, with the Ruins of Jambis as area M.

Rumor #6: "“Sotto hasn’t paid their taxes in over a year, from what I hear, and they always seem to have some new excuse. Baroness Voinum’s been stepping in to cover them, as I hear it, but the old girl can’t keep Lotheed’s soldiers from collecting their due forever.”
- Sotto is a village (section J on the main Map), north-west of the Palace of Birdsong.

Rumor #8: "“The riffraff out in the Beggarwood are getting pretty aggressive in accosting travelers. Last spring they carried off everything but the wheels in a visiting viscount’s caravan! Hopefully now that someone has claimed the Betony lands, they’ll do something about these parasites before we lose all our visitors.”
- See Area D (Beggarwood) in the south-east of the map. You met refugees/beggars there on your way in.

Rumor #9: “Apparently Baronet Vort’s gone native with a band of peasants southeast of Baron Telus’s land; even destroyed the Gold Canyon bridge to keep outsiders away. I hear a witch got into his brain and stirred things up a bit. Positively scandalous!”
- This is in relation to a place called 'New Towne' (section O on the main Map), in the south-west section of the County
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."