OOC Chatter

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm

How many actions (discovery/influence rolls and such) are there in each "round" of social fun?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:02 am

1 Check per Round (Discovery or Influence). To give a minor spoiler, there are 3 total Rounds between your introduction and the start of the Tournament.

Two things to keep in mind. 1, there will be multiple Rounds over the course of Act I. And once you hit Act II, you can still continue to influence them through your choices/actions.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:02 pm

So timeline is:
Morning: Now
Afternoon-ish?: Tourney
Evening: Something, something?

Is that so? (Since wooing ladies into scandal is best done late in the evening...unless one steals away while everyone else is watching people clobber one another)

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:28 pm

Hmm, option #2 sounds steamier and more fun...

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:19 pm

Order of Events (learned from your Guide):

Day 1:
- Socialization (what you're doing now)
- Tournament (jousting) + Trucco (combination billiard/golf game)
- Feast of the Victor (dinner)
- Halfling Dog Charioteers (race around the ballroom 3x, each guest gets 3 small silken powdered bags to try to hit or temporarily blind the driver to reduce their lead, plenty of betting and cheering on the results)
- Dancing and Cards

Day 2
- Breakfast
- The Hunt (actually a mock hunt as real game is scarce, peasants dressed as animals are substituted - for capture, killing them would be scandalous)
- The Feast of the Hunter (dinner)
- The Masquerade (there will also be a dance competition for those interested called the Dance of the Phalanx - I wish it were a real dance as it's basically Dance Chess, using moves to force your competitors off the dance floor and be the last couple standing)

Day 3
- Jubilee's Conclusion. You get a light breakfast, and are sent on your way.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:19 pm

All right, I'm going to try and participate now. I am sorry for my awful posting habits of late. Work has been busy and draining (though enjoyable). I do especially want to participate in the tournament.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:40 pm

Ah, so Onora will stick around and keep order then. I thought we would be replacing her as Tribune, but now I understand.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:47 pm

Long-term you could probably get a replacement if you're unsatisfied with her. But yeah, she'll be sticking around.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:22 am

Wanted to give you all notice that Othniel (Astraea) and Grimbold (Bertram) will be dropping out of the Game. Nothing to do with me or you or the game, just life being life.

We still have 3 of you, so continuing onward!

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:22 pm

Hmm, who to socialize with now?

Do a 3-rounder on Bartleby, hmm, hmm?