OOC Chatter

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm

Lol. If you want to!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:08 am

Checking in with the Team - I'm considering shutting down the 'War for the Crown' campaign. I think this Adventure Path is particularly ill-suited to Play-by-Post versus in-person gaming. Each Social Round takes us a couple weeks at least to resolve, and even when we get to Act II, that is about doing Political maneuvering to weaken the Count's power and eventually take over (Act III). Interesting stuff, but I don't see us getting very far in before getting frustrated.

Thoughts? If the Players want to keep going, I like the Adventure Path generally and am willing to continue.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:47 am

I hate to say that you might be right. What if we put it on pause for December and polled interest in January?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:39 am

I'd be fine with that. Things are always super slow around the Holidays anyway.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:34 am

Too slow pace is very much a problem and compounds, the longer distance between my own posts (which is partially my responsibility) the harder it is to get into the character and care about him and the story.

Probably will need to do something like Tetnak's 2 day rule to put this back on track.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:41 am

If y'all are willing to commit to Vardaen's 3-day rule, I am too.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:48 am

I think a 3-day rule is fair. Also, I would say for me, at least, I had some uncertainty as to how some of the social mechanics worked, which initially caused some in-game paralysis for me.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:07 am

I also have to adjust my build at the next level, so we'll get better. 3-day rule sounds alright to me.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:01 am

You on board for a 3-Day Rule too, @Zorbeltuss?

@RorytheRomulan - You'll level up after this Act, and I am open to reasonable rebuilds at any time anyways. If something really isn't working out how you thought it would, I'd rather we fix that sooner, rather than you having to suffer through for an extended period.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:09 pm

Yes, just need to figure out what to do with even more social rounds.