OOC Chatter

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Clarification on Courtyard Bonus: Each VIP has a set of Skills on their character sheets that work at full strength for influencing them. Gloriana Morilla has Profession (any) and Spellcraft on hers, as she respects practical knowledge over empty courtier words. Some have only one of Diplomacy or Intimidation, depending on their temperament and court experience. That sort of thing. You can do Gather Info checks to determine what Skills work for them before trying to directly do you Influence Check. Given all the 'tongue wagging', you can choose a VIP and I'll give you one of their good Skill Check targets for free.

Mercutio: ... I had thought you were recruiting the cousin to help with the Theft mission to embarrass the extended family.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

OOC Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Ah alright, and we found out the one, she likes Profression based on my knot skills: Sheepshank, Clove Hitch, Double Goblin Twister Cleat, etc...

So we should each pick someone, and ask for info on them. I'll take THE QUEEN! ;) Is that an option
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Double Goblin Twister Cleat! Love it.

Can't give you the Queen, since she's dead. ;) I can give you the Princess though! Good enough for you? We could get a Scroll of Speak With Dead if you're "dead set" on the former ...
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

OOC Chatter

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 am

Isn't the princess one we don't need to convince?

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 09, 2019 6:05 pm

True! But that doesn't mean you can't try to get face time with her. Some of you do have rising Political Ambitions. Can't hurt for the higher-ups to know you by name. ... ok, it could hurt, but usually a good risk.

Beyond the Stealing Stuff mission, you've accomplished everything asked of you. At this point you could simply look through the VIPs and choose someone to Influence. Doesn't need to be for the Vote. Could be for personal interest and/or future plot hooks.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

OOC Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 10, 2019 4:05 pm

Oh right meant the Princess. I really just want to know if my Personal Noble Target is around or not, whatever I need to do to find out if he's here is what THeodrix wants to accomplish.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

OOC Chatter

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun May 12, 2019 11:10 am

The princess wouldn't happen to be unmarried and pretty, would she?

Asking for a friend.

Also, anyone actually having ranks in sleight of hand? Maybe I'll need to have a look at what sort of tricks Mercutio can pull, bards have tricks, but haven't looked at his sheet for ages.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

OOC Chatter

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sun May 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Crichton has +7 to Sleight of Hand, but is otherwise engaged at the moment.

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 13, 2019 3:55 am

@Zorbeltuss - Unmarried and Pretty, confirmed!!! ;)

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

OOC Chatter

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:56 am

So, we're doing distraction away from the fight?

Like, Mercutio is doing distraction so that nobody will be noticing theft going on (with other PC also doing distraction, I guess it's up to the poor cousin to do the deed). Although if they're all close enough in proximity, then fight is perfect distraction by itself, and Mercutio would seize the moment and call attention to it.