Character Creation

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Character Creation

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:47 pm

Hmm, now that I can cast 2nd level spells, do I want +1 skill point or +1 1st level spell for class bonus?

And which two 2nd level spells would I want?

Also appears that I forgot to pick feat on 3rd level, lingering song maybe?

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:34 am

That +1 spell known is such a great favored class bonus. I can't recommend it enough.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:33 am

+1 spell then, but which one? Hmm.
Candidates:
Saving FInale
Disguise Self
Heightened Awareness

Glitterdust is obligatory (unless other PC' takes that), now Blistering Invective is too cool not to take, although gallant inspiration could also be great if someone has a really big attack we don't want to miss the mark.....also mirror image and hold person maybe.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:56 pm

I agree on Glitterdust. It's such a good spell. Blistering Invective is fun and flavorful. I haven't had much success with it in the past, but I can't fault anyone for wanting to take it. If you weren't wearing armor, I'd say Mirror Image because it's so darn good. I'd pass on Disguise Self and just buy a Hat of Disguise at some point. Hold Person is super useful, and I suspect the vast majority of our opponents are going to be humanoids. Heightened Awareness also good as a long term buff, but the buff is small and you are a bard and should be great at knowledge checks anyway. Saving Finale is really good too.

If it were me, I'd still probably pick Mirror Image, but Hold Person and Saving Finale would be close second choices.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:49 pm

Saving Finale vs Heigthened Awareness is the 1st level slot from favored class bonus.

Glitterdust, Gallant Inspiration, Hold Person and mirror image (uses chain shirt) are the candidates for the pair of 2nd level slots.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:50 pm

Aha. For first level, I'd go with Saving Finale then. Second level, I'd go Glitterdust and either Hold Person or Mirror Image of those choices. Other excellent 2nd level Bard spells are Heroism, Invisibility (someone will want this in the party), and Silence. All the options you are looking at are good, so there is no bad choice here.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:36 pm

So Saving Finale, Glitterdust, Hold Person and just money left to spend.

Nobody (else) seems to be interested in +1 chain shirt?

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:47 pm

Can we spend money on magic items?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:28 am

I'm not your Mother or your Financial Advisor, so I'm not going to prevent you from spending your hard-earned money. ;)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:03 am

I think the better question is, do we have an opportunity to go shopping?