Character Creation

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:39 pm

After I've read through the first few Books of the AP, I'll post Character Creation rules and whatnot in this thread, and then can Q&A through anything related to that.

To answer probably the first question - all Classes are available. I might veto a 3rd-party Feat/Archetype if I think it's too broken, but otherwise I want you to have full options to build whatever Class you want.

As for Races, in general you can be whatever you want. Just keep in mind that if you're some truly outlandish race (to use an extreme example - Illithids), there will be inherent prejudices against you in social circles. So just something to keep in mind.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Character Creation

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm interested in a pretty run-of-the-mill human rogue, likely the chameleon archetype. That may change as things progress, but any good intrigue game needs a quiet sneak.

Pathfinder
Level 1
Level 1
User Class: Wizard

Character Creation

Post by Pathfinder » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Is mythweavers acceptable? What pointbuy are we using?

I may be a Male LN Strix Inquisitor of Abadar, determined to keep peace and stability at any cost after having had to endure the chelish civil war between humans and his fellow strix. The war is the one from canon, so it will make since for my character, Ax Aero to be a little older. How old can I go?

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Go Epic Point buy.

If possible I would prefer you use one of the Excel spreadsheets (uploaded to Google Drive) that Vardaen has provided in the past. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get it down it does all the auto-calculating for you. Way easier for me to read/use than a long-form Mythweavers sheet. Link to my gmail - jpercy26@gmail.com
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:33 am

@Vardaen - I always fill them out, and never save the un-filled out sheets. Could you provide a link to the Template to Pathfinder and the others?

Pathfinder
Level 1
Level 1
User Class: Wizard

Character Creation

Post by Pathfinder » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

I sent an email to your gmail

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Character Creation

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:20 pm

If there is still a spot left open, I will join. I am thinking of playing a vigilante. Would that work? He has two identities, one, a weak, perfumed naive noble, and at night someone who enacts revenge on criminals or is a master spy or something. Would you allow that?
Alternatively some sort of wizard or sorcerer, a flamboyant illusionist or the like...

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 pm

So far I have Confirmed:
Vardaen
JohnnyWeird
Pathfinder
GuyWithSword

@Zorbeltuss showed interest in the Game Openings thread, but hasn't posted here yet. So 5 is pretty much my max for a Campaign. But if anyone drops out, you'll be first in line for an invite, Grimbold.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Character Creation

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:59 am

Yeah, I'm in.

Will have to look at the player's guide and see what catches my fancy.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Character Creation

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Fine with me!