Book 3: Act 1 - Of Leaves and Stewed Hobbit

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again. Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.

But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them, as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names...

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Rhosgobel - The Brown Hay

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:13 pm

Varuthil says, "Beren was poisoned by the spiders of Mirkwood and carried a note warning about a massing of orcs." She looks at the prisoners. "And we have reason to suspect that these Men have fallen to the Shadow and are in league with the dark power in Dol Goldur. Radagast will want to hear from Beren and question these wretches. I fear some evil is afoot."
Switching to Herb-Lore is a good idea. Thanks. I'm not sure why I didn't pick it up to begin with.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:06 am

Borir looks to the locals and asks, "Where can we secure these men? We might want to question them after we speak with the wizard."

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:29 am

"Oh no, they can come right along with us," says Finn in a grumbled whisper. "They can personally answer to Radagast about this here," and he indicates his wound.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:50 am

"Yes," says Pipkin, eyeing the prisoners. "Radagast is a wizard. Who knows what ways he has of getting answers out of people?" The hobbit doesn't really think that Radagast has ways of magically dragging information from people. But the bandits didn't have to know that.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:56 am

Borir shrugs at Finn and Pipkin's words. It doesn't matter much to the dwarf as long as the men stay out of the way and out of trouble. "Well, on you go! You heard'em." He says as he nudges the prisoners forward.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Radagast the Gardener

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:30 am

The gate men listen and look on with eagerness but they don't seem overly shocked by the news save to hear the men might have fallen in league with orcs. So you are quickly taken to Radagast's home which dominates the eastern portion of the village.

you come before Radagast's house. Well, usually. Radagast's house is almost as elusive as the Wizard himself. If Radagast wishes to be found, then his house is here in this grove of trees at the end of a little twisty path of crushed white stone. If the Wizard is away or wishes privacy, then there is no house to be found. Radagast's cottage looks like an explosion in a mathom-house that was then colonised by woodland creatures. Squirrels and field mice scurry through piles of books and scrolls, and crows perch on rafters from which cloaks, weapons and gardening tools hang.

Today his house is present and so is the Brown Wizard. He is coming out of the house with a bundle of gardening tool and a few empty sacks. He comes from the front door as it swings closed behind him and he looks up at you with a start as if not noticing you till the very last moment. "Well! My, who have we here? Oh yes our heroes of Woodland Hall! My my my its been a time, some time yes, I hear you have been busy. What are you doing here today?"
Image[/img]
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Radagast the Gardener

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:55 am

Finn nods his head, as a bow would be far too painful, "I am afraid sir, that we represent an interruption of your day as much as anything." Finn uncovers the wound on his abdomen and leans heavily on Tom to remain upright.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:40 am

Varuthil bows to Radagast, "We were traveling here to see you, sir, when we came across your man Beren. He had been poisoned by spiders and bore a note warning of orcs massing in Fenridge Castle. Then a party of--well, they claimed to be Woodmen ... they claimed Beren had stolen from them. We suggested that you could sort the matter out, but eventually it became clear they did not want the matter sorted out and attacked us. These two here are prisoners. They were following a woman named Dagmar and their ruler seems to be Mogdred, Lord of Tyrant's Hill. Finn received that nasty wound in fighting them off. I suspect you will want to question them, including about any ties their lord might have to the orcs and spiders and the evil power in Dol Goldur."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:27 pm

Radgast drops his bag and tools on the ground, "My goodness, come in come in, the wounded must be tended to as once." He brings you into his house which seems to be infested with various creatures here or there. Having Finn and Beren set down in various places he begins his ministrations to help them. He at once barks orders to Varuthil to assist, knowing she's a healer of sorts, and he order Borir and Aerth to take the prisoners outside and keep an eye on them, he will deal with them later.

An hour passes as he mixes up tonics and salves and applies them to the wounded, anti-venom for Beren, bandages for Finn, and by the by when he's done both men are doing much better. Finn's wound is treated properly and the pain is faded, but he's also sleeping, thanks to some brew Radagast has given him. He has brought Beren back from the edge, the poison flushed from the man's system for the most part, and now only rest and time will help him, but he will make a near full recovery. Brushing his hands off on his rob he motions for those inside to tip toe outside to let the wounded sleep.

Standing there in the trees he sighs, "Sounds like trouble all this talk of Orcs and Tyrant Hill. Let me see the message Beren had." He reads over the note, and turns to the prisoners to interrogate them. He asks a few simple questions at first, names, and where they came from. He uncovers they wanted the note that Beren had, that is what they were come for, to put a stop to the news of orcs. One of them says, "Mogdred will deal with the orcs in good time, and he doesn't want outsiders meddling with such things. You'll just stir them up if you go poking around Fenbridge." Radagast considers and paces around for a bit thinking, lost in thought as he does so.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:37 pm

To the prisoners, Varuthil says coldly, "A difference on proper strategy I can understand. But to kidnap and attack others over such differences? Maybe you do not deliberately serve the Enemy, but doing such deeds would seem to play into his hands."